Information Systems Architect, Developer - Microsoft Business Intelligence
Aboutthe Information Systems Architect, Developer – Microsoft BusinessIntelligence
HewlettPackard Enterprise | Enterprise Group | Technology Services Support (HPE | EG |TSS) is seeking a highly motivated, ambitious IT professional to join our growinghigh performance team. If you want to put your technical and business knowledgefull throttle into exciting projects, then Americas (AMS) Global SupportDelivery (GSD) Operations is the right workplace for you.
Wehave developed a Business Intelligence, Analysis and Performance ManagementOperations organization serving the AMS GSD community.
Weare looking for an Information Systems Architect and Developer with hands-onexperience in the Microsoft Business Intelligence stack of technologies thatcan assess, identify and implement robust and automated solutions, performoperations support, business analysis and project management.
- Lead the effort to translate businessrequirements to design, develop, augment current and implement future businessintelligent solutions
- Assess and determine the gaps between currentand future business intelligent architectures and designs, propose andimplement solutions to close the gaps through world class best practices and automationtechniques
- Develop business intelligence solutions usingMicrosoft SQL Server 2008/2012/2014 – SQL Server DB engine, T-SQL, SSIS, SSASand IIS-based web applications, Qlikview and Business Objects
- Execute, monitor, track and take correctiveaction for BI solutions operations
- Develop and maintain technical andoperational documentation, and ensure backup resources are trained
- Manage virtual and physical Windows serverplatforms
- Perform ad-hoc reporting and analysis usingthe MS Office suite
People are our strategic advantage at HPE. People with the right mindset, coupled with the right talent, education and experience, will be instrumental to HPE maintaining and extending its prominence in the global IT market.
Talent, education and experience will only take us so far. Having the “right mindset” means being:
- Adaptable — Takes in stride and constantly attunes to the changing needs of a highly dynamic business
- Curious — Our key contributors are always seeking to grow their knowledge, to gain new perspectives, and to find better ways forward.
- Tenacious — Our business—our industry—demands self-starters who will takes ownership of projects and bring them to completion despite difficulties or setbacks.
Sound like a place where you can make an impact? If so, please let us hear from you by applying today!
The Information Systems Architect and Developer position requires world-class Microsoft Business Intelligence architecture and development skills, excellent teaming skills, and capabilities in agile project management and development methodologies.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s (or higher level) degree (in Computer Science or other Engineering discipline strongly preferred)
- 8 years working experience in designing, developing, implementing and managing Microsoft Business Intelligence and Web Solutions and Windows platforms
- Without a Bachelor’s degree, an additional 2 years’ working experience in designing, developing, implementing and managing Microsoft Business Intelligence and Web Solutions and Windows platforms for a total of 10 years’ experience
Knowledge and Skills Required
Microsoft BI Developer Studio 2012
- SSIS – World class ETL development skills to create customized file handling, deployment components and job stream automation
- SSAS – Advanced multi-dimensional data modeling using OLAP dimensions, hierarchies, measures, calculated members with MDX, cubes and catalogs skills. Dimensional maintenance skills using T-SQL
Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- Advanced T-SQL development, troubleshooting and optimization skills
- Advanced job stream creation and automation using SQL Server Agent skills
- Managing database files and partitions with best practices
- Creating and managing database backup and maintenance plans
- Administering database users, roles and security
Microsoft Web development
- IIS administration skills
- Advanced Visual Studio 2012 .Net development using Visual Studio 2012, ASP.Net, VB.Net, AJAX.Net, ADO.Net, ADOMD.Net and MDX
Windows Server Administration – Windows 2003, 2008, 2012 Server
- Creating server specifications, configurations and provisioning
- Installing platform tools and maintaining patch levels
- Managing and utilizing best practices in memory and disk configurations
- Troubleshooting performance issues
- Managing User and Group permissions
- Managing disk space and file system backups
- Creating and Managing group file shares
- Monthly patch installations and outage planning
- Planning and execution of software platform and system migrations
Other Knowledge and Skills Preferred
Experience with any of the following will be considered a plus:
- Microsoft Team Foundation Services or Visual Source Safe
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Business Objects
- Ability to skillfully present to management and individual contributors
- Ability to create user guides, training materials and deliver training
Thanks for taking the time to review our job! If you think it is a match to your experience and interests, please apply today—we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job, please refer them.
About HPE Enterprise Group (EG) Technology Services
HPE Enterprise Group Technology Services is a global service provider and business integrator delivering solutions with speed, power, precision, and passion. HPE Enterprise Group is responsible for the development and delivery of the IT infrastructure solutions at the core of the world’s largest and fastest growing organizations, which includes servers, storage, networking, technology services, converged data center infrastructure, Telco and cloud solutions. As part of EG, Technology Services provides support and consulting services for HPE’s Enterprise products and solutions.
With over 6000 consultants and project managers in 110 countries, TS assists clients in realigning their IT strategies and making the best use of technology to create or capitalize on business opportunities. We offer onsite services, Internet and global technology solutions to multi-site, multi-national businesses, including manufacturing, telecoms, automotive, energy, financial services, and other key industries. Services range from warranty and product support to proactive mission-critical and business continuity services, deployment and performance services, security, integrated support for complex multi-vendor environments and software publishing.
About HPE Technology Services Global Support Delivery
HPE Technology Services Global Support Delivery works with our customers to effectively manage their IT needs across their businesses, across the world. Our teams are assigned to, and engage in, projects at our customers’ sites across a wide variety of industry verticals including Retail, Financial Services, Healthcare, Insurance, and Manufacturing.
The complexity of technology deployment, management, and support is creating demand for evolved technology support service offerings that meet performance, cost, availability, reliability, security, and scalability demands. The appetite for Technology Services Support is expanding rapidly as enterprises of all stripes realize they can’t “do it all”.
About Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Tomorrow belongs to the fast, and HPE is in the acceleration business!
To help companies accelerate, we’ve created a new company, one that defines transformation—and defies “business as usual”. In the fast-paced, quick-release environment of the future, you need to be constantly ready for change, be resourceful, and be highly adaptable to the ever-changing business landscape.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is not only the company best equipped to build a bridge from where enterprise IT is today, to where it needs to be, but HPE is also an incredible place to build a career. As the only company that brings it all—software, hardware, services, and talented people with the right mindset—we help organizations innovate, stay competitive, and quickly turn ideas into value.
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top