Indirect Tax System Analyst
Indirect Tax System Analyst
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is a leading technology company, with the industry's most comprehensive portfolio. Our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
- We make Hybrid IT simple – spanning traditional data center, software-defined infrastructure, systems software, private cloud and through our public cloud partnerships.
- We power the Intelligent Edge – we're the IT in IOT.
- We have our Pointnext services capability to assist by building customer solutions from the ground up and flexible consumption models.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise in Poland is located in Warsaw and Wroclaw, providing services for over 170 countries around the world. HPE in Wroclaw is a Knowledge Center and Financial Center of Excellence with a wide range of services to HPE businesses and stakeholders. Our services portfolio includes high value finance planning, analysis and reporting, F&A, Sales Compensation, Supply Chain, Marketing & Communication and Financial Services.
The Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) Tax Process Expert role ensures compliance to different accounting guidance and reporting standards (AFM policies, local tax laws, EU directives, etc.) for supported business and operational teams from P2P to Q2C.
In this role you will work with tax and controllership managers supporting them and helping them to understand the impact that tax rule changes have on IT systems, and operational processes.
Drives the implementation of best in class financial systems providing relevant, timely, and accurate financial information for financial planning, decision-making, control and risk management, and internal and external performance measurement. Works with Finance and Information Technology to design, construct, and implement financial and business processes and systems requirements globally such as a new reporting system. Develops design requirements for implementing new systems. Determines type of functionality needed in a new system (e.g., designating the business required documents in implementing a new reimbursement policy). Implements processes and tools that support efficiency initiatives.
- Manages the implementation of a system solution from beginning to end for a customer and creates a plan for testing new systems.
- Troubleshoots current applications and solves minor issues independently.
- Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives.
- Interacts with internal customers, examining moderately complex issues or concerns to find a solution.
- Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to identify the business potential of a given project.
- Solves moderately complex, multiple systems problems.
- Develops risk mitigation and fall back strategies.
- Generates ideas for projects.
- Develops and monitors tax compliance processes
- Works with internal and external auditors or supports tax / Controllership in external audits
- Responsible for the compliance and policy direction/support
- Support corporate submissions such as contingency, disclosure, etc.
- Lead Indirect Tax compliance projects and initiatives
- Ensures E2E Indirect Tax compliance from P2P to Q2C
- Establishes and maintains relationships with business leaders and operational leaders to guide and influence decision-making within a limited scope.
- Provides analytic support to business initiatives, tax compliance projects, representing the sub-function Indirect Tax
- Supports policy and process improvement and identifies opportunities in Indirect Tax.
- Identifies issues and proposes solutions to a more senior individual contributor or manager.
- Represents tax and Indirect Tax Compliance operational teams on cross functional teams for PoA projects.
- Provides mentoring and guidance to entry level analysts and operational teams.
- Understands Indirect Tax Requirements from local or regional tax teams, can translate these to requirements, use cases, can explain to IT the requirements, represents tax and controllership operational teams in design reviews, tests, signoff and MOC
- Supports operational teams in AP, IC, AR and Sales order management with issue resolution, concerns, requests for information, supports tax managers and Controllership in ad hoc requests and audit support.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in finance or computer science; advanced degree preferred.
- Typically 6+ years of experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Intermediate understanding of financial systems and processes in several areas.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Developing presentation skills; strong PowerPoint skills.
- Expert proficiency in Excel.
- Advanced analytical skills.
- Advanced understanding of accounting principles.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize.
- Ability to design new systems.
Directly supports EMEA and APJ time zones, and able to work in time frames to overlap with the Americas time zones
- Medical package for Employees and their closest family
- Multisport card
- Life insurance package
- Employee Assistance program – help in a difficult life situation
- Modern office in the city center
- Free sandwiches and fruits
- Trainings and opportunity for personal development
Company culture & values
- Open Door Policy
- Friendly atmosphere and cooperation focused environment
- Goal oriented management culture
- Innovative work environment
- Corporate Social Responsibility – possibility to take part in CSR initiatives and events having a positive impact in the following areas: ecology, charity and volunteering, education and culture.
- Welcome2Wroclaw – support for new hires joining from other countries and cities,
- Wellness – a series of initiatives for employees focused on promoting work life balance, physical activity and health,
- HPE Culture – access to various cultural events in the region,
- HPE Badge – possibility for discounts for employees within a wide range of products & services in Wrocław.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top