Department: EMEA ITO
Team: EMEA Service Management
Reports to: Incident Management
Incident Management is one of the key ITIL processes. It supports the organization’s business processes in the IT environment, through timely resolution of incidents affecting availability and performance. Account Process Lead makes a major contribution to the Service Management team’s mission by ensuring Incident Management best practices and execution in a consistent, practical and viable way.
Account Process Lead has end-to-end accountability for the Incident Management process, standards and strategic direction of the process within the account.
- Is responsible to ensure all the various process components are executed through the many different organisations that are involved in Incident Management
- Works with the Reporting team to ensure the collection and reporting of Incident Management metrics
- Reviews the effectiveness and efficiency of the Incident Management process
- Establish, Own, Communicate and Maintain procedures for Incident Management within the dedicated account
- Responsible of Incident Management operational tasks e.g.
1. Manage/deliver contracted SLA performance for incident management: Service desk (IMPACT process), Critical/major incidents, and escalation management.
2. Customer Interaction: Work with customer incident process owner on all matters related to incident management e.g. Major incident review, Management escalations, Continuous Improvement plans etc.
3. Interaction with HP delivery and account service team (AST)
a. Work with towers to ensure efficiency of the end to end incident management process.
b. Work with the AST to ensure alignment with account/regional priorities.
c. Resolve process related issues in the delivery teams.
d. Train all stakeholders on process execution.
4. Interaction with other process owners: Work with other account process owners to ensure seamless, end to end service delivery across processes e.g. Problem, Change, Configuration and Capacity Management.
5. Operate/mentor the critical incident management team (only for accounts that have a dedicated CIM team).
a. Day to day management and operational review of the Critical Incident Manager operations.
b. Management of the shift rota.
6. Deliver Incident Management Reporting (internal and external): Process KPI, Management reports. Ensure accuracy of the contractual reports provided by Service Level Management team.
7. Own L4 incident process documentation: Create, maintain and train.
8. Represent the incident process in any internal/external audits.
- Contribute to ITSM processes set-up in the account.
- Provide process training to the various delivery teams
- Ensures the requirements for the management system/tool are defined
- Provide process performance reports to management and attend reviews (Reports created by reporting Team)
- Establish and execute improvement plans as appropriate
- Ensure all issues and questions are followed up on and escalate as appropriate
- Interaction with EMEA ITSM process owner and process lead: Work to roll out the standard process in the account and feedback improvements made in the account.
- Communication of process changes to the appropriate organisations
- Attends Community of Practice Conference Meetings
- See above
- point 3 and 4 above
- point 2 above
Education (degree) and professional experience required:
- University or college degree in Computer Science, IT, IS or equivalent academic or on-the-job experience
- At least two years of relevant industry experience
- Demonstrated operational outsourcing and service management experience, ability to provide high quality solutions in a short timeframe
Personal skills and qualities:
- Excellent communication skills: Ability to effectively interact with people at all levels worldwide
- Excellent customer facing skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Team player: Ability to effectively interact with people at all levels worldwide.
- Ability and willingness to motivate and support other people
- Focus in operational efficiency
Technical skills (procedures and documents the employee has to be acquainted with):
- Strong Service Management knowledge. Preferred: ITIL certification by recognised bodies (ISEB/EXIN).
- Project management experience and preferably certification will enhance the application
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top