Hyperscale Solutions Architect
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is one of the world’s iconic tech companies, creating new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments, and society.
We provide solutions which enable companies to mobilize their business; mine all their data for insights, on an open, agile cloud; all this securely. We aim at making the complex, simple. Bridging the old and the new. And we do that by harnessing big data, security, mobility and cloud. We are the only company with the breadth and depth of innovative products and services to provide complete end-to-end solutions in big data, cloud, mobility and security, not just a disparate set of IT components.
We focus on delivering speed, simplicity, efficiency and agility so that customers can realize their preferred business outcomes across architectures and in ways that suit their engineering requirements and budgets. Our key areas include:
- Infrastructure – Building on the product innovations of the past year, like our Helion Cloud portfolio, Apollo water-cooled super computers, and OneView, the best converged infrastructure tool on the market.
- Services – Continuing to lead in Virtual Private Cloud and growing our Strategic Enterprise Services, including cloud, enterprise security, analytics and data management, and app modernization.
- Software – Continuing to develop the critical tools that reveal hidden insights and drive business outcomes at incredible speed and scale.
- HPE Financial Services – By leveraging its HPE Financial Services capability, Hewlett Packard Enterprise will be well positioned to create unique technology deployment models for customers and partners based on their specific business needs.
Apart from leading the market in enterprise infrastructure, software and services, we offer great and impactful initiatives for our employees and for society, from wellness, through diversity and inclusion, to amazing university hiring experiences, and much more. If you wonder what is like to be part of one of the world’s largest technology companies, visit our Hewlett Packard Enterprise stand, and hear directly from our employees!
Gathers and assesses customer needs, both business and technical;
- Program Management and or Product Management experience a major plus.
Identifies related needs (lead generation, opportunity expansion)
- Identifies site-specific and corporate parameters and constraints that impact the solution
- Identifies required project steps
- Identifies likely problem areas that require attention
- Identifies probable competition and product roll-out data/training needs and evaluates relative company strengths
- Architects an appropriate technical solution to meet the customer’s business requirements
- Investigates and optimizes a solution’s fit to the requirements of an opportunity, both current and future
- Adapts solution design to new requirements
- Establishes the validity of a solution and its components
- Identifies the growth path and scalability options of a solution and includes these in design activities
- Generates an implementation plan with timelines for the solution
- Creates the appropriate test plan as required
- Anticipates some of the potential challenges for the proposed project plan
- Anticipates and plans for competitive threats
- Actively identifies opportunities to assist peers Regionally in area of expertise (e.g., writing white-papers)
- Maintains excellent communications with customer executive management across the Region
- Represents company as technical expert with customers; shares knowledge in area of expertise and links to related technology areas
- Advances opportunities through the use of effective consultative selling techniques
- Builds customer loyalty through being a trusted advisor
- Partners effectively with others in the account to ensure problem resolution and customer satisfaction
- Communicates and articulates the details of their component roles in a proposed customer solution
- Actively supports the account team with solution advice, proposals, presentations, and other customer communications
- Analyzes and provides support to deals in the pipeline where needed
- Transfers knowledge to Presales peers via mentoring and contributing participation in peer education programs
- Understands the roles and affectively engages other teams and resources within the company and partners
- Identifies overlooked opportunities suggested by technical expertise
- Facilitates smooth transition from sales to implementation by orienting the appropriate teams to the solution design
- Contributions have major impact across the company Region and some BU’s, and solid impact on Regional company business
- Analyzes and contributes to the presales direction for the Region or some areas of a BU
- Breadth of influence goes across multiple organizations within the Business and is sought, valued and used
Education and Experience Required:
- Technical University or Bachelor’s degree
- Typically 8-12 years experience in technical consultative selling and account management
- Technical and/or solution experience in appropriate industry
- Experience in vertical industry preferred
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Demonstrates a broad knowledge of company’s technology & solutions, with deep expertise in area of specialization and related technologies
- Knowledgeable in competitive solutions knowledge.
- Links company solutions with data business center needs to create customer business value
- Applies broad understanding of technical innovations & trends to solving customer business problems
- Applies productivity-enhancing tools and processes
- Solid credibility with company’s business units and account teams based on history of solid results and contributions
- Establishes thought leadership in technical specialty area with customers
- Demonstrated ability to work as the lead for large complex projects
- Has a high level understanding of the company product roadmaps for multiple BU’s, and deep knowledge in area of specialization
- Has demonstrated extensive hands-on level skills with some of the technology
- Leverages financial and accounting concepts as well as capital investment concepts in demonstrating business value of proposed solutions to customers
- Creates solutions that creatively address customer value chain and business requirements
- Persuasively communicates the value of the solution in terms of financial return and impact on customer business goals
- Appropriately tailors communications to varying levels of customer management
- Extensive level of industry acumen; keeps current with trends and able to converse with client on issues and challenges
- Demonstrates strong communications skills with executive managers, as well as some C-level executives
- Leverages strong understanding of the competition – both positioning strategy and technology – to create competitive advantage for the company
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top