HR Help-desk specialist
HR Help-desk specialist
Responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of human resources administration and activities associated with employee information, retrieval capabilities and support. Processes HR data according to 'the company' policy and legal requirements, consults on HR processes and implementation, and is responsible for end-to-end HR customer support throughout the employee life cycle. Identifies emerging applications and recommends process improvements and simplification that support business and HR strategy. Works across the business, functional, and regional areas of 'the company' to recommend IT investments and improvements to HR tools. Implements and tracks programs and processes to ensure that records are accurate, accessible, and appropriately secure, and that data retrieval and reporting capabilities meet the needs of internal customers, legal compliance, and the company policy requirements (e.g., data management and integration of data). Re-engineers processes at regional and country level and works in partnership with global teams to build more process strength and capability. Provides support for recruiting in administration, internal hiring and lower-level external hiring. Ensures seamless support through Contact HR for both front- and back-end processes. Defines the strategy for HR Operations support of Mergers, Acquisitions, Divestitures and Outsourcing (MADO). Leads, coordinates and provides HR Operations support for all MADO employee transitions.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Acts as the first (Tier-1) point of contact for Employees, Managers and HR Generalists seeking support on HR processes or system of moderate to high complexity.
- Assumes an 'end to end' ownership for all in scope requests and be capable of guiding employees to navigate @hpePortal to obtain information as well as promptly connecting customers with other SME's in Operations and the HR community as needed for more complex issues
- Working in a highly data sensitive environment, responsible for protecting Data Privacy at all time and adhering to confidentiality requirements
- Maintain up-to-date Knowledge Base content on policies, procedures & FAQs and share the gained knowledge and experience individually with the team
- Continuously strive to gain customer satisfaction on the delivery of HR Services
- Recommend solutions to process deficiencies and identify process improvements, ensure understanding and successful implementation of new processes.
- Contributes to priority projects that impact employees at the country or regional level and may lead projects of moderate to high complexity.
- Resolves most complex HR support cases and effectively manages and follows up on escalations.
- Provides input on HR Operations transaction, reporting, support or content tools.
Education and Experience Required:
- First-level university degree or equivalent experience.
- Typically 4-6 years related experience in HR Operations is required and 2-3 years of customer service experience is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal & written) with an ability to communicate effectively to customer queries
- Experience of working in the HR shared services delivery organization preferred
- Experience with common help desk tool such as CRM is preferred
- Ability to work with/manage documents on a SharePoint is desirable.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong level of process knowledge and expertise in back-end processes.
- Strong general HR knowledge.
- Ability to maintain highly confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to apply judgment to address customer needs; includes asking targeted questions and/or suggesting ancillary solutions/resources that may be of assistance to the customer
- Multi-tasking experience in a fast-paced environment, completing work tasks with speed and accuracy in a detailed work environment.
- Ability to make decisions that impact customer service levels with a sense of urgency
- Ability to work effectively in a team and willingness to help others
- Strong analytical, problem solving & trouble shooting skills, as well as a desire and attitude to go above and beyond in resolving issues.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top