HPE Technical Services Software Engineer
Technical Services Software Engineer – Pleasanton, CA
Overview: We are looking for a highly skilled, motivated software engineer to work on our Big Data Technical Services team providing custom technical solutions to our customers on our cloud based archiving platform.
- Determine operational feasibility of customer requests by conducting analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Understands security and identifies encryption and controls needed to protect information.
- Coordinates testing efforts to identify and resolve system integration issues.
- Troubleshoot and debug application and infrastructure problems found in the production and non-production environments.
- Create scripts and utilities to help automate operational processes, and fulfill custom customer requirements.
- Work with other team members in Operations, QA, and Systems Engineering to plan the deployment of software releases into production.
- Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers’ individual needs
- Author internal documentation, such as environment diagrams, installation/configuration documents and release notes.
- Creating custom reports for customers.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience in application development (5 years); Java.
- Knowledge of scalable distributed systems and service oriented architecture a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong experience in scripting language (2 years); Perl (preferred), Python.
- Experienced working in Linux environment (centos/redhat).
- Exposure to Virtualization (VMware, Xen or KVM Hypervisor)
- Experience in SQL / relational databases; Oracle, SQL Server or PostgreSQL
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a close team in fast-paced deadline intensive environment
- Experience with data mining, machine learning, big data or artificial intelligence a strong plus
- Computer Science degree (GPA > 3.0 preferred)
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top