HPE Global IT Strategy Director
HPE Global IT Strategy Director
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. In a dynamic environment where technology is transforming businesses and entire industries at an unprecedented pace, Hewlett Packard Enterprise builds on its rich heritage of innovation and industry-leading positions in services, infrastructure and financial services. The $30B+ company operating in more than 170 countries is focused on four key areas that are fundamental to enabling business transformation and future growth:
- Transforming to a hybrid infrastructure by helping customers seamlessly manage information across traditional IT and private, managed and public cloud environments
- Empowering a data-driven organization engineered to turn information into insight, and insight into action
- Protecting their digital enterprise to manage risk, monitor operations, protect information and applications and sustain operational integrity
- Enabling workplace productivity to create best-in-class experiences for employees, customers and partners through mobility and networking solutions
The industry leading Global IT organization inside Hewlett Packard Enterprise has done what no other IT organization in the world has done. First they drove the separation of IT systems as part of the largest corporate separation in history when Hewlett-Packard Co split into HP Inc and Hewlett Packard Enterprise. Then less than 18 months later they completed the most complex separation in corporate history when they split the IT systems as part of the spin-merge of HPE's Enterprise Services business with CSC.
Now HPE's Global IT team is looking to the future and is about to embark upon a major transformation of its legacy IT systems and move to best-in-class SaaS and cloud environments. To help drive this transformation, the Global IT team is looking for a Director of Strategy.
Based in Roseville, CA the position requires that the individual brings sound experience in strategy formulation, business transformation, and multi-functional operating roles to develop the transformation strategy, execution plan, and provide the leadership to ensure that the transformation delivers business results. The individual must demonstrate strong planning and communication skills to work effectively with stakeholders across different work streams and business units. These include working closely with IT executive leadership and functional partners such as Finance/Payroll, Human Resources, Tax, Legal, Controllership Finance and Global Procurement. Pro-active engagement, ability to cope with high peak workloads and short deadlines will be part of the position.
- Provides strategic advice to Global IT executive management regarding overall targeted company growth priorities, operational efficiency, and how IT strategy supports company goals.
- Builds financially sound, executable, data-driven IT strategies that improve business value.
- Applies financial rigor and acumen to all initiatives that lead IT executive teams to business value based decisions
- Designs and develops IT strategies for organizational effectiveness.
- Demonstrates thought leadership by coaching and advising senior IT executives.
- Provides business rationale and risk assessment for making IT investments.
- Creates a performance driven culture that ensures the organization has the best strategic planning team in the industry.
- Balances short term with long term strategies and resource investment.
- Influences C-level executives on a wide range of business and IT issues, including risk management and implementation tactics.
- Provides innovative thought leadership and shapes the knowledge base within area of expertise.
- Provides strong leadership, develops and sets individual and departmental team performance goals and manages/drives change.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree required. MBA highly desired, or advanced university degree.
- Investment banking experience highly desired.
- 10+ years corporate experience.
- Good understanding of information technology and industries in which HPE competes.
- Strong financial analysis and valuation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills in cross-functional settings.
- Manages organization with multiple financial models.
- Develops executive level managers.
- Drives strategy at an overall IT level.
- Ensures all executive engagements are aligned and supported.
- Broad understanding of the company's large portfolio.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top