HPE Cyber Security Product Security Response Engineer
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
The Product Security Response Engineer will be responsible for managing software security vulnerabilities identified in HPE’s consumer and commercial products.
The successful candidate for this position will be part of the Response team that manages the receipt, investigation, resolution, and responsible disclosure of security vulnerabilities identified in HPE products. Particular responsibilities include:
- Respond to product security incidents including internal events and external threats
- Triage and route valid security vulnerabilities to the appropriate product groups
- Manage resolution of product security vulnerabilities from initial report to closure while adhering to set SLAs
- Document cases with analysis and resolution details accurately and thoroughly
- Work closely with Product Security experts, Technical Support, Legal and Communication teams to deliver security advisories to customers
- Author high quality security bulletins and advisories
- Manage technical communication with security researchers and research organizations during lifecycle of vulnerability response
Education and experience
- First level university degree or equivalent experience required. Advanced university degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of related work experience
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of common security vulnerabilities and risk analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in situations involving uncertainty and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to track and manage numerous parallel activities
- Ability to work collaboratively and remotely with others across teams and organizations to accomplish goals.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance
- Knowledge of industry practices for responsible disclosure of security vulnerabilities.
- Strong technical acumen in securing software and hardware
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top