HPE Cyber Security Product Security Response Engineer
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
The team at HPE provides world class decision support driving profitable growth and exceptional shareholder value through our commitment to operational excellence, people development, and innovation. We provide accurate and timely financial information meeting the company’s regulatory and fiduciary responsibilities with unwavering integrity.
Role & Responsibilities:
The individual will support Delivery Finance Leader, based in AMS. The role will work very closely with multiple stake holders such as Capability Leaders, Contract Financial Analysts, and Industry Finance Controllers & Business Operations.
- Financial Analysis of region / sub-region / sector business in terms of understanding the key drivers of delivery relief and cost.
- Ability to identify and understand cost trends to assist in coming up with areas of improvement and cost productivity.
- Ensure right cost hits region P&L, particularly cost coming in from third parties, outside of region / sub-region / sector.
- Preparation, analysis & consolidation of forecast for assigned capabilities (eg. capabilities in ITO), financial bridges clearly articulating key business drivers behind variances Vs budget, prior Flash and Year on Year and quarterly comparisons.
- Consolidation of delivery forecast across capabilities working closely with all capability support finance analysts.
- Review Productivity & HC plan to ensure that is in line with plan.
- Ensure cost stack level information is accurately represented in forecast and all associated financial systems.
- Work closely with AMS finance contacts in communicating delivery cost stack forecast along with explaining variances to prior flash, budget, Q/Q, Y/Y movements.
- Run daily close reports to identify trend & direction of monthly close performance of assigned capabilities with focus on ability to meet forecast & budget for the month.
- Assist in preparation, analysis & consolidation of delivery financial walks, both at residual level and cost stack level, clearly articulating key business drivers behind variances Vs budget, prior Flash (forecast) and Year on Year and quarterly comparisons.
- Validate that financial reports accurately reflect financial performance for the period.
- Provide requisite close information in terms of delivery cost stack information vs flash (forecast) through WD3 (workday 3) and WD4 (workday 4) to AMS finance contacts along with providing insightful and meaningful commentary on variances.
- Work with wider Finance and business teams to improve financial processes and enhance financial controls
- Develop processes to allow accurate and consistent analysis of the drivers of variances to forecast and budgets and prior periods.
- Educating business leaders on financial processes, systems, and the financial impact of business decisions.
- Being the ‘go to’ person for financial and commercial support.
- Contributing as a key member of the Service Delivery Finance team, supporting and delivering projects and initiatives on behalf of the team.
- Building and maintaining productive, beneficial relationships with Business Leaders, wider Finance teams and other internal HP groups.
- Work closely with FP&A team to provide quality and timely inputs through Flash and close process.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Excellent understanding of accounting principles and GAAP reporting.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to interpret and apply AFM (Accounting & Finance Manual) policies.
- Experienced in Enterprise Financial Systems (SAP, Oracle, etc.).
- Superior business application skills (e.g., COMPASS, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint).
- Superior communication and influencing skills.
- Superior teamwork and inter personnel skills.
- Excellent business acumen.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Strong time management and priority setting.
- Highly motivated, energetic, flexible, commercially focused professional with can-do attitude!
Shift Timings AMS : Candidates have the flexibility of working from home to support US hours. They will need to log in from office for 4 hours a day and then go back home and support the US stakeholders between 6:30pm and 10:30pm. This timing would change by an hour during Daylight savings (7:30pm -11:30pm). During Month End Close/ Flash, they will need to support their stakeholders in the US time zone and also the system cut off times.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and euch other
Bias for action: We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Education and Work Experience: -
- Accounting Certification CA, CPA, CIMA or equivalent (MBA etc.) preferred with 3 to 5 years of FP&A / Financial Analysis / Business Support experience in finance department of a services organization preferably an IT & ITES organization.
- Part-qualified Accountants (CA Intermediate etc.), Finance Graduates & Post Graduates from University with 2 to 3 years of FP&A / Financial Analysis / Business Support experience in finance department of a services organization (preferably an IT & ITES organization).
- Typically experienced in more than one finance function or industry
The Product Security Response Engineer will be responsible for managing software security vulnerabilities identified in HPE’s consumer and commercial products.
The successful candidate for this position will be part of the Response team that manages the receipt, investigation, resolution, and responsible disclosure of security vulnerabilities identified in HPE products. Particular responsibilities include:
- Respond to product security incidents including internal events and external threats
- Triage and route valid security vulnerabilities to the appropriate product groups
- Manage resolution of product security vulnerabilities from initial report to closure while adhering to set SLAs
- Document cases with analysis and resolution details accurately and thoroughly
- Work closely with Product Security experts, Technical Support, Legal and Communication teams to deliver security advisories to customers
- Author high quality security bulletins and advisories
- Manage technical communication with security researchers and research organizations during lifecycle of vulnerability response
Education and experience
- First level university degree or equivalent experience required. Advanced university degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of related work experience
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of common security vulnerabilities and risk analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in situations involving uncertainty and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to track and manage numerous parallel activities
- Ability to work collaboratively and remotely with others across teams and organizations to accomplish goals.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance
- Knowledge of industry practices for responsible disclosure of security vulnerabilities.
- Strong technical acumen in securing software and hardwar
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top