HPC Linux Clusters Administrator
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is a leading global technology services provider delivering business solutions to its clients. Hewlett Packard Enterprise delivers the industry’s broadest portfolios of information technology, applications and business process outsourcing services to clients in the manufacturing; financial services; healthcare; communications, media and entertainment; energy; transportation; and consumer and retail industries; and to governments around the world.
Governments turn to Hewlett Packard Enterprise for the mission-focused experience to help reduce costs, streamline processes and operate more efficiently, while improving the quality and value of the services they provide. Our deep experience in the public and private sectors has enabled us to deliver substantial results for a variety of government organizations.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise has an immediate need in our US Public Sector Consulting Organization for a Linux Clusters Administrator in Bethesda, MD.
An experienced Linux Cluster Software Specialist is needed to build and manage specialized Linux systems in both clustered and stand-alone system configurations. The majority of the effort will be to maintain, upgrade, configure and administer those systems.
The candidate will be expected to be experienced in Linux administration and installation, patch evaluation and implementation, and network troubleshooting within the configurations.
The candidate will be expected to have a good command of various Linux scripting tools, like bash, perl, python, etc.
- At least 3 years’ relevant experience with installing and integrating system software on Linux Clusters
- At least 3 years’ experience as a system administrator of Linux cluster systems
- Strong understanding of supercomputer architectures and concepts
- Strong technical knowledge of Linux operating systems and computer networking
- Must be able to integrate Linux Cluster software stack solutions
- Must have effective verbal and writing skills
- Must be able to work effectively in small teams, as well as work independently
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and capable of holding a U.S. Government security clearance.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent. Graduate degree preferred.
- Experience with Linux cluster resource allocation, job scheduling, Infiniband networks, MPI communications, and cluster monitoring.
- Experience with any or all of the following technologies/products: Slurm, PBS Pro, Moab, Nagios, Ganglia, Lustre, GPFS, Infiniband, MPICH, OpenMPI, HP CMU, HP SIM.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top