HPC Linux Cluster Administrator (Top Secret SCI with Full Scope Polygraph Clearance required)
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is aleading global technology services provider delivering business solutions toits clients. Hewlett Packard Enterprise delivers the industry’s broadestportfolios of information technology, applications and business processoutsourcing services to clients in the manufacturing; financial services;healthcare; communications, media and entertainment; energy; transportation;and consumer and retail industries; and to governments around the world.
Governments turn to Hewlett PackardEnterprise for the mission-focused experience to help reduce costs, streamlineprocesses and operate more efficiently, while improving the quality and valueof the services they provide. Our deep experience in the public and privatesectors has enabled us to deliver substantial results for a variety ofgovernment organizations.
HPEis seeking an experienced High Performance Computing administrator to provideadministration, application, and monitoring support at a government facility inUtah. The hardware will be a specialized Linux cluster system and the candidate willbe responsible for the maintenance, upgrades, configuration, and administrationof the Linux cluster system. Knowledge of various scripting tools, like bash,Perl, Python, etc., are required. Knowledge of Simple Linux Utility forResource Management (slurm) is required, as is knowledge of Shared Memory(shmem) concepts.
Thecandidate shall provide:
- Linux Cluster System Administration support on specialized Linux clusteredsystems
- Strong technical knowledge of Linux operating systems and computer networking
- Troubleshooting and reporting of failures
- Maintain system documentation
- Support the HPE hardware maintenance team as needed
- System monitoring
- Assist users with system operation and application design, optimization, anddebugging
- Track software tool errors and provide reporting
- Provide expertise in system resource allocation and OS tuning andconfiguration.
- Write scripts for use of and configuration of standard OS utilities.
- Training in general system use and best practices
- Limited applications and general software support
- Troubleshooting of users’ programs
Qualifications and Experience:
- 10 years of experience with HPC administration
- Familiarity with HPE HPC hardware a plus
- Experience with Linux cluster resource allocation, job scheduling, Infinibandnetworks, shmem communications, and cluster monitoring.
- Experience with any or all of the following technologies/products: Slurm,Nagios, Ganglia, Lustre, Infiniband, HPE CMU
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- TS/SCI with a Full-Scope Polygraph Clearance
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top