Helpdesk Specialist (Top Secret Clearance)
Working at Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) is about leading and winning the right way – for customers, for employees, and as a global citizen. We offer our global workforce the opportunities to:
- Experience what it means to win as a professional.
- Discover a mosaic of career opportunities in a culture of open doors and open minds.
- Connect with colleagues who are the best and brightest in their fields.
- Collaborate with purpose to develop products and deliver services that will change the world.
- Be part of a socially and environmentally responsible, multicultural organization.
We are committed to conducting business with the highest integrity, which means working to benefit each community in which we operate. HPE is committed to winning the right way.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is seeking highly motivated and qualified individuals to join our team in a broad variety of positions supporting a customer at Offutt AFB. The contract will provide mission critical, integrated, operational support for the IT infrastructure essential to the current and evolving missions for the customer. The major support areas in this contract are Program Management, IT Operations and Maintenance, Engineering, and Applications Support.
This Service Desk position’s primary focuses on Service Desk activities within the USSTRATCOM IT environment. Uses ability as a skilled specialist to contribute to the development of new concepts/techniques and to complete assignments/tasks in innovative and effective ways. Advanced knowledge on the general/technical aspects of the job. Works on assignments that are highly complex in nature where a strong degree of independent judgment, initiative and technical knowledge are required to resolve problems. Work is completed independently and has ability to handle most unique situations. Frequently determines methods and procedures for new assignments. May supervise the activities of other employees. Over 12 years’ experience providing a broad range of Service Desk/IT support in diverse, fast paced, IT environments. Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Supervises operation of the service desk and serves as focal point for customer concerns
- Ensure the consistent and professional delivery of superior quality services.
- Responds to and diagnoses problems through discussion with users.
- Ensures a timely process through which problems are controlled. Includes problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up steps.
- Provides support to end users on a variety of issues.
- Proactively assist customers to avoid or reduce problem occurrence
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems.
- Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support.
- Documents, tracks, and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
- Provides second-tier support to end users for either PC, server, or mainframe applications or hardware.
- Determine action to be taken and interact with appropriate support section (i.e. – network services, engineering, applications development, etc.) to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem.
- Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems.
- Provide feedback, updates and status to users on their requests for assistance
- Provide configuration and use support for all customer-approved operating systems including, but not limited to, Microsoft, Linux, UNIX, etc.
- Assist in developing, maintaining, and updating IT documents for use by service desk personnel and end-user guides.
- Use Remedy ticketing system or other software tools to track work as required
- Support DoD customers in a demanding environment
Education and Experience Required:
- Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree plus over 12 years directly related experience
- CompTIA Security or equivalent
- ITIL v3 Foundation
- High level of customer service aptitude.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, priorities and re-prioritize as necessary in order to align with current business objectives.
- Excellent communication skills and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to interact with employees at all levels.
- Well organized and detail-oriented with good follow-up skills.
- Knowledge of various operating systems, Microsoft, Linux, UNIX, etc.
- * The candidate hired for this position must be a US Citizen with an active top secret security clearance with eligibility for SCI – or – must be capable of maintaining/ obtaining a TS/SCI clearance. If the candidate does not have a top secret clearance, a minimum of a Secret security clearance is required to start work on-site for this contract. **
Knowledge and Skills:
- • Good communication skills to interact with team members, customers, and support personnel
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills to resolve technological problems
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience in customer facing role, remote support, and telephone support, resolve problems sufficiently through verbal description via telephone or e-support.
- Knowledge, experience and updating Knowledge Management systems.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and problem solving skills and a proven understanding of IT business needs and knowledge of IT industry standard best practices
- Experience and understanding of Department of Defense and Military organizations, procedures, and instructions a plus
- Experience with ITIL Service Desk operations
- Strong communication (oral and written) and briefing preparation skills;
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office (Project, Word, Visio, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel) and ability to learn and use other software products/tools
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top