Head-Advanced Development Center-CTO Office
Head-Advanced Development Center-CTO Office
About Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You'll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a "reverse mentoring" program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
ADC Overview Advanced Development Center (ADC) is sponsored by the CTO, EG organization ($28B revenue) within HPE, with key objective of investigating and conceptualizing product innovations around key strategic areas of enterprise business. The ADC team is chartered to investigate the strategic aspects of technology; how it is driving business and work very closely with the business units on taking priority ideas to the market. ADC is focused on Hyper Convergence, Software Defined Data Center, Big Data Workload optimizations, Accelerator technologies, blockchain, advanced analytics, multi cloud management, IOT and other system technology areas like NVM, advanced memory speed fabric, memory centric computing etc..
You would bring the desire to lead an advanced development team at the forefront of current systems research that will deliver the product ideas and innovative technologies at the core of the future of computing. This is a great place to demonstrate and grow your leadership skills in an interdisciplinary environment with other smart people from multiple business units and HPE Labs - and have lots of fun doing it.
You will deservedly enjoy the best competitive pay structure, policies and innovative work culture. You will be a part of the founding team of this center working in a startup mode and well supported by a fortune 50 organization, known for years for its path breaking innovations.
Management level definitions
- Applies expert subject matter knowledge to manage staff activities in solving the most complex business/technical issues within established policies.
- Manages research and advanced development activities of senior technical individual contributors (typically Expert/Master and above).
- Has accountability to drive cross organizational strategic programs with significant impact on business unit results and organizational strategy.
- Acts as a key advisor to senior management on the development of strategy, overall policies and long-term goals of the organization.
- Plans, manages and monitors high-end operational/tactical activities of Staff. Staff members' primary focus is on either high-end tactical or broad strategic issues or a combination of both.
- Recruits and supports development of direct staff members. Position typically reports to a Director or a VP.
- Provides direct and ongoing leadership for an organization individual contributors researching and investigating upcoming technology areas, developing technology strategy and incubating/executing advanced development POCs.
- Manages headcount, deliverables, schedules, and costs for multiple ongoing projects and programs, ensuring that resources are appropriately allocated and that goals, objectives, timelines, and budgets are met in accordance with program and organizational roadmaps.
- Engages with program managers, cross organizational and cross functional executives to communicate program status, escalate issues, and guide and influence strategic decision-making
- Develops and manages relationship with internal business units, external partners, vendors and other participants of the relevant ecosystem.
- Manages relationships with outsourced partners and suppliers, including setting expectations regarding deliverables, product quality, schedules, and costs; ensures that team members are effectively communicating and collaborating with outsourced resources.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for process improvement, IP leverage, collaboration and market acceleration opportunities.
- Provides overall people-care management for direct reports, including, hiring, setting and monitoring of annual performance plans, coaching, and career development; drives and fosters organization-wide performance standards, expectations, and practices to support ongoing team member and process development.
- Collaborates across functions to deliver technology proof of concepts, strategy and roadmap.
- Typically interacts with high-level Individual Contributors, Managers, Directors, and VPs and SVPs for internal and external suppliers, partners, and customers.
- Drives large and complex business initiatives.
- Leads complex, strategic, multi-year and highly visible impactful programs.
- Anticipates tactical and strategic needs and impact on the business
Education and Experience
- First level university degree or equivalent experience required.
- Advanced university degree (MBA or equivalent) is preferred.
- Typically 15 or more years of related work experience, including 5 or more years of people management experience.
- Prior startup/business incubation/execution experience will be preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
- Advanced leadership skills, including coaching, teambuilding, conflict resolution, and management.
- Quick decision making, risk taking ability, innovative approach to solving problem at hand is critical.
- Ability to appreciate understand and adjust to ongoing advanced development activities and optimize the suitable processes.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experienced in managing human capital across geographies to drive workforce development and achieve desired results.
- Advanced communication skills catered to a wide variety of audiences. (E.g. written, verbal, presentation). Special impetus on executive presentation skills.
- Superior business acumen, technical knowledge of multiple business units, and extensive knowledge in applications and technologies.
- Advanced multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Advanced relationship management skills, including partnering and consulting.
- Strong understanding of the company's policies and processes.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top