Hardware Maintenance Engineer (TS/SCI CI POLYGRAPH Clearance Required)
Hewlett Packard Enterprise has an immediate need in our US Public Sector Consulting Organization for a Multi-vendor IT Equipment Installation/Maintenance Hardware Engineer in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Maintains and services critical on-site hardware and network platforms in shift worker support of 24/7 national security customer. Monitors and responds to problem tracking reports. Employs and installs hardware parts and software programs/tools to restore systems’ operational capability. Monitors and tracks the staging/ consumption of spare parts used in problem fixes.
- Provide Customer with overview of installation activity, site-specific information and access to appropriate contacts.
- Handle Customer-relation problems promptly and appropriately, provide guidance, escalate issues according to
- Provide software service, presales, post-sales or service delivery support.
- Deliver services, including customized services to large enterprise, complex or corporate accounts.
- Use proactive monitoring procedures/tools to identify problem prevention opportunities
Education and Experience Required:
Minimum Vocational/Diploma/Associate Degree (technical field) with 3-5 years of working experience in related fields or
Degree holder with 2-4 years relevant working experience.
Experience with support of full range of HP products in Customer base.
Must have/maintain TS/SCI CI Poly clearance.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Broad knowledge of corporate policies, products, markets and processes, as well as an understanding of business management principles and practices.
- Thorough knowledge of administrative or technical practices
- Proficient Field Technical Support skill set.
- Knowledge of assigned HP hardware system platforms.
- Familiar with networking and all supported operating system platforms (i.e. HPUX, NT, Linux, etc.)
- Knowledge of high availability system environments.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong Customer relationship building skills
- Ability to manage complex Customer problems.
- Ability to perform while under high-pressure situations.
- Project management, analysis, communication, scheduling, controlling, and presentation skills.
- Good teamwork with peers and HP personnel.
- Demonstrate consistent, acceptable performance of all business fundamentals.
- Knowledge of portfolio of services.
- Basic knowledge of change management process and tools available
- Schedule and participate in on-site account support meetings both internal and external
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top