Hardware Engineer (Secret Clearance Required)
Working at Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) is about leading and winning the right way – for customers, for employees, and as a global citizen. We offer our global workforce the opportunities to:
- Experience what it means to win as a professional.
- Discover a mosaic of career opportunities in a culture of open doors and open minds.
- Connect with colleagues who are the best and brightest in their fields.
- Collaborate with purpose to develop products and deliver services that will change the world.
- Be part of a socially and environmentally responsible, multicultural organization.
We are committed to conducting business with the highest integrity, which means working to benefit each community in which we operate. HPE is committed to winning the right way.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is seeking highly motivated and qualified individuals to join our team in a broad variety of positions supporting a customer at Offutt AFB. The contract will provide mission critical, integrated, operational support for the IT infrastructure essential to the current and evolving missions for the customer.
The Hardware Engineer troubleshoots network systems when necessary and makes improvements to the network. Install, configure, service, repair, and maintain information technology systems in both a stand‐alone and client-server environment, including MS server, UNIX/LINUX and other authorized information technology systems. Install, configure, service, repair, and maintain hardware and software for network services, storage networking devices, and servers. Integrate multiple information systems in a networked environment, evaluate and resolve customer information system problems, effect required hardware upgrades and repair to maintain mission capability. Install and configure hubs, routers, switches, and various transmission media, server hardware and software, and ensure the proper installation and configuration of workstation hardware and software for efficient operation on the network. Install, optimize and troubleshoot Local Area and Base Area Networks.
- Perform all hardware, software, and firmware upgrades; All hardware, software, and firmware versions/upgrades shall be installed and maintained IAW industry best practices and IAW DOD standards and regulations.
- Coordinate all hardware, software and firmware versions/upgrades with applicable government PMs, FMs, and service delivery managers.
- Provide personnel with applicable specialized system administration training as recommended by the manufacturer of their systems.
- Work with outside contractors, vendors, and support desks as needed for hardware and software support.
- Assist outside contractors with upgrades and deployments as required.
- Use automated means to deploy software (packaging) to the greatest extent possible.
- Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties.
- Provide feedback, updates and status to users on their requests for assistance
- Provide configuration and use support for all customer-approved operating systems including, but not limited to, Microsoft, Linux, UNIX, etc.
- Use Remedy ticketing system or other software tools to track work as required.
- Utilizes software and hardware tools and identifies and diagnoses complex problems and factors affecting network performance.
- Perform all hardware, software, and firmware upgrades.
- Complete electronic documentation of all work completed for change requests and incidents. Documentation shall be completed prior to closing out change request tasks and incidents.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Science, Information Systems, or a related discipline, 1 or more years relevant industry experience
- CompTIA Security or equivalent
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification
- * The candidate hired for this position must be a US Citizen with an active top secret security clearance with eligibility for SCI – or – must be capable of maintaining/ obtaining a TS/SCI clearance. If the candidate does not have a top secret clearance, a minimum of a Secret security clearance is required to start work on-site for this contract. **
- Excellent communication skills and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to interact with employees at all levels
- Critical thinking skills, both qualitatively and quantitatively.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top