Hardware Engineer - IOT
Hardware Engineer - IOT
Architects the next generation of IOT servers. Works with internal teams as well as customers to evaluate features and make recommendations on next generation edge computing platforms and solutions. Conducts feasibility studies, design margin and validation analyses and empirical testing on new and modified designs. Evaluates reliability of materials, properties, designs, and techniques used in production and makes recommendations that will enhance product reliability. Able to direct ODMs/OEMs and support personnel in the preparation of detailed design, design testing and prototype fabrication.
- Architects computer systems for use both inside the traditional datacenter (IT) as well as outside the datacenter (OT).
- Designs engineering solutions for electrical and electronic parts, subsystems, integrated circuitry, and algorithms based on established engineering principles and in accordance with development technology practices and guidelines.
- Develops and implements parameters and test plans for existing designs, including validation of tolerances, form/fit/function, shock and vibration, electromagnetic interference, safety, reliability, thermal generation, and system power measurements
- Collaborates and communicates with internal and outsourced development partners on electrical hardware design and development.
- Provides the technical leadership to a project team of other electrical hardware engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for low to moderately-complex products.
Qualified candidates will have a minimum of 7 years of high reliability server design. Candidate should also have experience with embedded computer systems. Test, measurement and industrial automation controls system experience is a plus. Must also be able to effectively create detailed technical specifications as well as be able to effectively utilize CAD, FPGA, and other design tools. Candidates should have familiarity with Linux, Windows and server environments, including enterprise class server management. Education and experience requirements are a BSEE with 7 or more years of applicable job experience or MSEE with 5 or more years of applicable job experience.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top