Graduate Presales Consultant
Do you have the ability and enthusiasm to work with sales but also be a bit of a technical guru? Would you like to take on an active role in the company and work in a diverse, fast moving and creative culture, with world-class professionals working alongside you?
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we don’t just believe in the power of technology, we believe in the power of people when technology works for them. We believe in applying new thinking and ideas to improve the way our customers live and work.
We are looking for a Graduate Presales Consultant who will be a member of a technical team based in Erskine, Scotland. You’ll have the ability to influence opportunities and help Hewlett Packard Enterprise win deals against clever competition. Presales is about having the ideas and the ability to convert them into practical solutions, designed to help our customers. You’ll work on complex opportunities and with multiple groups to design winning solutions.
The role is within our Enterprise Group that works to streamline innovation and simplify IT with superior solutions. By combining ESSN (Enterprise Server, Storage and Networking) and Technology Services into one division, we gain a strategic advantage in our focus on “Converged Infrastructure”. The HPE Enterprise Group supports our customers with the transformation and integration of their technology. We are there for our customers – come join us!
As a Presales Consultant you will be responsible for providing presales technical advice and support for a defined team of Inside Sales Representatives. Through a combination of attending customer calls, coaching and providing product training you will support and drive delivery of revenue goals.
As part of the Presales team you’ll have a variety of roles to play:
- Speaking to customers to understand their requirements
- Becoming a trusted advisor and providing the best solution for the customer
- Helping the sales team convince the customer that Hewlett Packard Enterprise has the best solution
- Training the Sales team and imparting your understanding and wisdom
- Out-witting the competition
- Working with partners to support multiple routes to market
- Understanding and evangelizing HPE products and solutions
- Training and achieving accreditation to Hewlett Packard Enterprise ExpertONE standards
Your key relationships will be:
- Inside Sales Reps
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Presales (field- and office-based)
- Channel Partners
Knowledge and skills required for the role:
The ideal candidate should have some of the following but suitable graduates will receive training to acquire these skills provided they are able to show the right aptitude.
- Demonstrates a solid knowledge of Hewlett Packard Enterprise solutions
- Awareness in competitive solutions knowledge.
- Understands data business center components and how IT is used to address business needs
- Demonstrates current understanding of technical innovations & trends and their impact on solving customer business problems
- Communicates the value of the solution in terms of financial return and impact on customer business goals
- Solid level of industry acumen; keeps current with trends and able to converse with client on issues and challenges
- Demonstrates solid questioning techniques and related communications skills with customer managers
Education and experience:
- A technical degree or a technical degree combined with business related degree is preferred
- Some experience in the industry is preferred
- Fluency in English
In addition to the above educational requirements, you must be eligible to work in the UK and have completed your degree in 2016 with a grade 2:1 or higher.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top