Graduate Openstack Cloud Solution Engineer
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster.
With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
About the role
- Are you interested in OpenStack?
- Are you truly passionate about OpenSource? Python? Programming? Software development?
- Do you run Linux on your personal computer?
- Do you have knowledge in Servers, Storage and Networking?
- Do you participate in open source development projects?
- Do you thrive in an international / multicultural / collaborative environment?
- Are you passionate about Cloud and helping customers in this journey?
If so, we are interested in learning about you. Whether you are starting in your career or have solid experience in Cloud, we have positions available at all levels.
Joining the Thriving HPE Technology Consulting Cloud Services team based in Galway would enable you to:
- Combine your passion for technology with your professional career
- Gain / expand / use your knowledge in technologies such as Python, Linux, ResTful APIs, Orchestration, Security, UI, Automation, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Ansible, git as well as HPE and third parties enterprise hardware (servers, storage and networking) and Software
- Become an expert in the next generation OpenSource computing platform – OpenStack – as well as HPE’s own distribution – HPE Helion OpenStack
- Work closely with our clients to understand their requirements
- Work in the design and deployment of highly available, scalable and secure private and hybrid cloud solutions powered by the latest technology (both OpenSource and proprietary when required) to enable our customers to succeed in their business & technology challenges
- Deploy OpenStack and develop tailored solutions to address customer needs
- Learn every single day and collaborate across different organizations / teams including product engineering (a large part of this team also based in Galway) to ensure the best solution can be designed & deployed for our end customers
- Secure and maintain relevant certifications through training and self-learning
- Work in supporting the solutions /code developed after handover of solutions to customers Become part of a large a high-energy team, working closely with colleagues in Galway as well as across the globe
- Actively contribute to the OpenStack community
- Solve real problems for real enterprise customers
- Develop a career in Cloud and become involved in the most challenging technologies transforming the IT industry today and the way companies do business
- Thrive in doing what you enjoy – be part of a company with a great history and a solid track record of innovation
- Live in the West of Ireland and work in a new and vibrant office
- Work in an international team environment with members form many different countries
- Travel occasionally to meet customers and challenges face to face
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in computer science, software engineering, computing, engineering or related fields
- Excellent demonstrable Linux / System Integration skills.
- Object Oriented programming (Python) experience.
- Able to work effectively across technical and non-technical teams
- Ability to translate customer, business and functional requirements
- Analytical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Time management skills and ability to meet tough deadlines
- An inquisitive mind, capable of understanding and identifying technology challenges
- Good at collaborating, knowledge sharing and creating technical documentation
- Very good language skills in oral and written English (additional languages valued)
Additional areas which would determine the level at which the position will be offered.
Design and implementation experience across OpenStack releases.
Migration from different cloud technologies to OpenStack.
OpenStack experience in one or more of its components:
- Compute (Nova; Glance)
- Storage (Swift; Cinder)
- Networking (Neutron)
- Security (Keystone)
- UI customization (Horizon)
- Orchestration (Heat)
- Monitoring and reporting (Monasca; Ceilometer)
- Upgrade process Experience with Ansible, Web development and different programming languages/platforms (Java, .Net/C#, Node, …)
- Experience with private, public or hybrid cloud technologies
- Amazon AWS, Azure, VMware and alternate cloud products and technologies.
- HPE Cloud System Automation (CSA)
- HPE Cloud System 8/9 Multi-tenancy
- Multi-site HA/DR
- Workload migration
- PaaS: Stackato, Helion Development Platform or analogous technologies (Pivotal, Heroku, OpenShift)
- Knowledge of cloud native and 12 factor applications
- CloudFoundry as a technology in the PaaS section
- Knowledge of CI/CD and SDLC tooling a plus
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies a plus Experience in Enterprise / Infrastructure related projects (HW, Storage and networking).
- Able to discuss (within own area of expertise) requirements with a customer, and to challenge and clarify when appropriate. From the requirements, able to develop a high-level design or plan, and then estimate the amount of effort required to deliver.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top