Global Tax - Transfer Pricing
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
HPE’s Global Tax team sits within the wider Global Finance organization. Their goal is to provide a competitive advantage to HPE shareowners and the HPE business through tax solutions, while ensuring uncompromising integrity, professional excellence, and regulatory compliance. The Global Tax Leadership team is passionate about developing their employees and providing opportunities for career development.
- Managing processes related to intangible property (IP). Responsibilities include:
- Maintaining a list of IP that tracks the legal entities owning the IP and the intercompany royalties applicable to the IP.
- Ensuring proper intercompany agreements are in place to support IP ownership.
- Ensuring contract R&D providers charge IP owners for any contract R&D performed.
- Valuing IP or assisting with the valuations that are performed by advisors, as necessary, for planning purposes as part of an acquisition or the migration of IP.
- Assisting with legal entity valuations for tax purposes.
- Assisting with transfer pricing integration issues resulting from M&A activity, as needed.
- Potential for work in other areas, including cost allocations and intercompany financing.
Bachelor’s degree. Advanced degree in economics, tax, accounting or finance, or LLM/CPA a plus.
Knowledge and Skills Required/Preferred.
Prior experience in transfer pricing, valuation and/or international tax is required.
Experience working in a tax consulting position or in a corporate finance or tax department is a plus.
- Candidate should have a good understanding of transfer pricing and/or international tax and the general nature of the work performed in these organizations
- Basic understanding of accounting.
- Ability to work successfully in a large and complex tax organization.
- Individual should be able to understand the big picture of the organization while still paying close attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet demanding deadlines imposed by project timescales or tax authority requirements.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to work well with a team, but can also work well to solve problems independently in a virtual environment.
- Excellent project management, problem solving, quantitative and analytical skills.
- Complete understanding and thorough knowledge of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top