Global Practice Solution Architect-4/4
Global Practice Solution Architect-4/4
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You'll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a "reverse mentoring" program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
An OSS Global Practice architect represents an expert in OSS solutions, able to combine our product portfolio and more specifically Service Director component to address customer needs.
It is a key role that will help our local & regional teams to succeed on customer proposals and new business generation
As part of local teams enablement, involvement in initial phase of project might be required even if role is not primarily delivery.
- Interact with local & regional teams building solution proposals for our customers. This includes solution architecture definition, answering RFPs, building quotations and project effort estimations.
- Perform presentations and demonstrations to customers and at international events.
- Design, lead and perform demonstrations and Proof of Concepts (PoC's).
- Provide training to Local & regional teams in OSS portfolio.
- Create & maintain collaterals on our product portfolio.
- Define the requirements that our customers are demanding and that are missing in our products together with product teams, helping Product Managers on the product roadmap priorities.
- Kick-off project delivery in collaboration with local delivery team in case of first delivery in a country / region.
- Project management for centrally delivery component
- Previous experience in pre-sales activities (responding RFPs, defining architectures, estimating efforts and building quotations and proposals).
- OSS Fulfillment expertise, especially around Service Order Management (HPE Service Provisioner) and Service Activation (HPE Service Activator).
- Technical leadership with the ability to self-manage, direct and mentor technical leadership team, and to enforce technical direction in a matrix environment
- Technical skills: Java / J2EE, Oracle, XML, Unix/Linux knowledge, in order to customize demos as required.
- Excellent customer facing skills, integrity and confidence with good presentation skills; ability to gain trust of clients and act in a mutually beneficial manner.
- Responsible for understanding complex end-to-end systems
- Ability to interact and work closely with both technical and non-technical staff in the deployment of solutions across a range of levels.
- Ability to manage priorities and maintain engagement across a number of projects at various lifecycle phases.
- Independent (ability to work on his own).
- Languages: excellent written and spoken English is a must. Others are a plus.
- Highly adaptable to cross-cultural requirements (clients and countries).
- Travel at short notice availability required (20% - 50%).
Knowledge and Skills Required
- > 5 years experience in the role of Solution Architect or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of Telco industry and standards (eTOM, 3GPP).
- Good presentation skills.
- Proven track records for participation in the OSS projects for both presales and delivery.
- OSS portfolio knowledge, especially in Fulfillment (HPE Service Activator, HPE Service Provisioner).
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top