Functional Software Tester
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is leading the charge in delivering the “New Style of IT” and HPE is investing in Canada. With the introduction of a Regional Delivery Centre in Winnipeg HPE has confirmed that Winnipeg will be the Regional Delivery Centre for Canada. As a member of a quickly growing team one of the first hires into the Centre you will be involved in shaping the Data Engineering offerings within the Centre. If you are serious about continuing to develop your skills in Information Systems as a senior member of a support team then this is the assignment for you.
The Winnipeg RDC is a partnership of the core practices/disciplines of applications development, applications maintenance, data engineering and business intelligence. The RDC is led by Applications Delivery Services and is the primary practice providing applications development and applications maintenance staff in Canada.
Help us grow and mature so that our success and your success grow together as you embark on an exciting new career.
Functional testers must be motivated self-starters who are prepared to proactively analyze requirements and work with developers, project and client teams to understand the needed functional specifications/targets of the system(s) to create and execute tests. As testing is one of the final steps which occurs very close to the implementation of a new product launch or update, the effectiveness of testing and remediation efforts have a direct impact upon a client’s end-user experience and is therefore one of the more publically visible roles in the QA cycle. The candidate must exhibit a level of self-confidence and an ability to clearly communicate to all levels of an organization and multiple stakeholders.
This role provides testing and application expertise to projects. Skill requirements include: 2 or more years of experience in delivering testing services for various project sizes. Good understanding of testing and development methodologies and their interaction throughout the full systems development life cycle. Solid experience in testing methodology and industry standard practices to perform functional software testing. Experience working on either Canadian provincial or federal elections projects would be an asset. Technical skill requirements include: Basic understanding of software and databases; ability to create test data. Ability to investigate and troubleshoot software (previous development experience an asset), ability to use tools such as HPe ALM and analytical skills to analyze testing issues. Ability to provide input to estimates for testing effort. Good communication skills in English mandatory (French desirable).
- Participate as a member of the testing team.
- Under general direction, utilizing an appropriate testing methodology, analyze requirements as the basis for developing test cases for a test level to be executed on a project.
- Design testing scenarios and test cases that will demonstrate conformance to all functional and non-functional requirements, relative to the test level, as defined in business or technical specifications.
- Execute tasks related to the production of the test plan, test cases, test scripts, and test data.
- Analyze the results of the testing process and recommend solutions for issues.
- Report on progress and create defects.
- Interact with the project team to gain an understanding of the business environment, technical context, and conformance criteria.
- Understand and use appropriate automated testing processes and tools.
- Proficient in testing processes and testing metrics to: review test summary report, provide testing project feedback and archive testing assets in order to verify completion of testing
- Staying current on established tools, techniques, and technologies.
Education and experience
The candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree in IT or equivalent experience. 5 – 7 Years of related experience, with a minimum of 2 years testing experience.
Top 3 skills:
- Testing – Functional software testing and ideally some Automation (including HP toolset/ALM v12, Starteam, SQL)
- Review testing requirements, develop test plans, test cases/test scripts, execute tests and manage defects.
- . Excellent communication skills, with the ability to collaborate with developers, other testers and clients
This role is physically located in Winnipeg, MB – no other location will be considered
HPE creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company and ranked 10 on the Fortune 500 list for 2012, HPE brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today— we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job please refer them.
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
In order to satisfy our contractual obligations with clients, the successful candidate will be required to pass a basic, standard Criminal Records check. You will also be required to sign off on HPE’s Confidentiality, Non-Solicitation and Conflict of Interest Agreement.
Hewlett-Packard Enterprise is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome the many dimensions of diversity.
Accommodation of special needs for qualified candidates may be considered within the framework of the HPE Accommodation Policy.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is seeking to identify highly motivated and qualified individuals for various future opportunities in Winnipeg. In anticipation of these opportunities becoming available, completing a profile will allow us to evaluate your qualifications and interests and will allow us to stay connected.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top