Financial Systems Re-engineering Manager
“Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.”
The Finance team at HPE provides world class decision support driving profitable growth and exceptional shareholder value through our commitment to operational excellence, people development, and innovation. We provide accurate and timely financial information meeting the company’s regulatory and fiduciary responsibilities with unwavering integrity.
In the Finance division, our reporting and controlling teams are working on tasks like asset management, financial integration of mergers and acquisitions, as well as USGAAP-reporting. Our objective is to display all business activities in a financially correct and transparent manner.
- Manages a team of exempt individual contributors for a system design or redesign by monitoring and/or setting performance goals and objectives, staffing project teams, and ensuring timely and effective delivery of various finance systems and processes.
- Manages multiple processes and specializes in one process area.
- Plans budgets with considerable direction from higher-level managers and ensures that projects adhere to budgets.
- Recruits, plans succession, and manages talent, for at least five people.
- Builds long-term plans for systems re-design and implementation; leads maintenance and upgrades of financial systems.
- Scans the commercial environment to understand the latest applications available for an area of specialty.
- Liaises directly with internal business partners to resolve issues and to plan, manage, forecast, and report results.
- Acts as the point of escalation for issues with the process; resolves issues by assigning the appropriate resources.
- Engages with management at the country level to address issues and drive process change.
- Leads multiple small projects.
- Identifies and develops future leadership.
- Engages with management at the country level.
Education and Experience Required:
- First-level university degree required in accounting, finance, or computer science; advanced university degree preferred.
- Advanced degree or certification preferred (e.g. Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Master of Business Administration (MBA).
- Typically 8 years of related experience.
- Typically 0 years of supervisory experience.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Expert understanding of financial systems and processes in several areas.
- Excellent oral communication for interacting with stakeholders.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to synthesize change quickly using advanced subject and process knowledge.
- Expert understanding of accounting principals.
- Good project management skills for running medium projects of moderate complexity.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize.
- Ability to generate original ideas and bring about their implementation.
- Ability to influence change and manage upward; good motivational skills.
- Ability to identify key resources and star performers.
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top