Financial Systems Analyst
The Indirect Tax Compliance Process role ensures compliance to different accounting guidance and reporting standards (AFM policies, local tax law and EU directive) for supported business and operational team from P2P to Q2C. In the Compliance role you work with local tax and controllership managers supporting them and help them to understand the impact that tax rule changes have on IT systems, operational processes. You are responsible for coordinating with VAT operations, IT and business finance representatives and to ensure HPE business practices are in line with standards set for HPE in terms of Indirect Tax calculation, accounting, reporting.
In this role, you:
- Develop and monitor tax compliance processes
- Work with internal and external auditors or supports tax / controllership in external audits
- Are responsible for the compliance and policy direction/support
- Support corporate submissions such as contingency, disclosure, etc.
- Lead Indirect Tax compliance projects and initiatives
- Ensure E2E Indirect Tax compliance from P2P to Q2C
- Establish and maintain relationships with business leaders and operational leaders to guide and influence decision-making within a limited scope.
- Provide analytic support to business initiatives, tax compliance projects, representing the sub-function GFS System Architecture Indirect Tax
- Support policy and process improvement and identify opportunities in Indirect Tax.
- Identify issues and propose solutions to a more senior individual contributor or manager.
- Represent tax and GFS SA Indirect Tax Compliance operational teams on cross functional teams for PoA projects.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to entry level analysts and operational teams.
- Understand Indirect Tax Requirements from local or regional tax teams, can translate these to requirements, use cases, can explain to IT the requirements, represent tax and controllership operational teams in design reviews, tests, signoff and MOC
- Support operational teams in AP, IC, AR and Sales order management with issue resolution, concerns, request for information, support tax managers and controllership in ad hoc requests and audit support.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics; preferred advanced degree or accounting certification (e.g., Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- 2 years of experience as a financial analyst.
- Experienced in at least one of finance functions, AP, IC, AR, VAT or sales operations.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Good understanding of financial systems and processes in at least one area
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong proficiency in Excel.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Intermediate understanding of accounting principals.
- Basic leadership skills
- Basic project management skills for supporting projects.
- Ability to interact with systems users.
- Basic time management skills and ability to prioritize.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top