Financial Systems Analyst
“Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.”
The Finance team at HPE provides world class decision support driving profitable growth and exceptional shareholder value through our commitment to operational excellence, people development, and innovation. We provide accurate and timely financial information meeting the company’s regulatory and fiduciary responsibilities with unwavering integrity.
In the Finance division, our reporting and controlling teams are working on tasks like asset management, financial integration of mergers and acquisitions, as well as USGAAP-reporting. Our objective is to display all business activities in a financially correct and transparent manner.
As a Financial Systems Analyst you will work to develop and improve the tools used in the finance function. You will work closely with the different finance groups as well as IT to proactively manage finance tools owned by the various IT organizations and lead systems compliance and improvement initiatives related to finance tools.
- Partner with various organizations as required (GFS, Controllership, Customer Operations, and TS Finance) during the POA project life cycle
- Analyze project scope in order to understand financial impacts
- Prepare and support project business requirements
- Ensure clear communication of TS Support product processes and the O&C environment to IT and other team members
- Partner with project team members to ensure system and process design meets requirements
- Participate in the review of IT design and contribute to the optimal implementation to achieve the objectives
- Develop training documentation on changes of the tool and lead training sessions as needed
- Establish and maintain relationships with business leaders to guide and influence decision-making within a limited scope
- Support policy and process improvement and identify opportunities
- Identify issues and propose solutions to more senior individual contributors or managers
- Represent finance on cross functional teams
- Provide mentoring and guidance to entry level analysts
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics; advanced degree or accounting certification (e.g., Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Master of Business Administration (MBA) preferred.
- Typically 4 years of experience as an IT developer, system analyst, SAP production support or financial analyst.
- Typically experienced in more than one function.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Strong knowledge about ERP system/tool (e.g. SAP)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Advanced analytical skills
- Advanced understanding of accounting principals
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Good business acumen
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top