Financial Systems Analyst
- Job Description:
As a Financial Systems Analyst you will work to develop and improve the tools used in the finance function. You will work closely with the different finance groups as well as IT to proactively manage finance tools owned by the various IT organizations and lead systems compliance and improvement initiatives related to finance tools.
- Partner with various organizations as required (GFS, Controllership, Customer Operations, and TS Finance) during the POA project life cycle
- Analyze project scope in order to understand financial impacts
- Prepare and support project business requirements
- Ensure clear communication of TS Support product processes and the O&C environment to IT and other team members
- Partner with project team members to ensure system and process design meets requirements
- Participate in the review of IT design and contribute to the optimal implementation to achieve the objectives
- Develop training documentation on changes of the tool and lead training sessions as needed
- Establish and maintain relationships with business leaders to guide and influence decision-making within a limited scope
- Support policy and process improvement and identify opportunities
- Identify issues and propose solutions to more senior individual contributors or managers
- Represent finance on cross functional teams
- Provide mentoring and guidance to entry level analysts
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics; advanced degree or accounting certification (e.g., Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Master of Business Administration (MBA) preferred.
- Typically 4 years of experience as an IT developer, system analyst, SAP production support or financial analyst.
- Typically experienced in more than one function.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Strong knowledge about ERP system/tool (e.g. SAP)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Advanced analytical skills
- Advanced understanding of accounting principals
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Good business acumen
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top