Financial Reporting Intersegment Accounting
“Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.”
The Finance team at HPE provides world class decision support driving profitable growth and exceptional shareholder value through our commitment to operational excellence, people development, and innovation. We provide accurate and timely financial information meeting the company’s regulatory and fiduciary responsibilities with unwavering integrity.
In the Finance division, our reporting and controlling teams are working on tasks like asset management, financial integration of mergers and acquisitions, as well as USGAAP-reporting. Our objective is to display all business activities in a financially correct and transparent manner.
The Intersegment Accounting role focuses on cross business segment transactions intended to facilitate multi-business unit participation in participation in complex trade customer solutions. It involves understanding the key financial policies and intercompany methodologies such as ICOEM, Revenue Sharing and Cost relief to enable the appropriate revenue and margin recognition by all business segments participating in the solution. The underlying transactions are captured to drive accurate management and external reporting through recording of appropriate eliminations to properly state HPE externally reported financial statements.
Responsibilities may include:
- Working closely with the business to establish and maintain internal global agreements (MOUs), establishing the terms and conditions governing the internal transactions between HPE business segments
- Developing appropriate processes to identify the internal transactions, ensure adherence to the MOU.
- Actively participating in the HPE monthly close process, creating the appropriate elimination journal vouchers and ensuring accurate postings.
- Responsibility for generating the support for HPE’s business segment disclosures included in HPE’s quarterly Security and Exchange Commission filings.
- Driving process improvements to increase accuracy, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assisting with ad hoc analysis.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics; advanced degree or accounting certification (e.g., Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Master of Business Administration (MBA) preferred.
- Typically 6 years of experience as a financial analyst.
- Typically experienced in more than one finance function.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Excellent understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis, with advanced knowledge in one area.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel).
- Excellent communication and influencing skills (oral and written fluency in English).
- Excellent understanding of key HPE systems (e.g., COMPASS, EDW, SAP) environments, and master data structures (e.g., Polaris)
- Superior teamwork skills
- Strong business acumen.
- Good project management skills.
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top