Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You'll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a "reverse mentoring" program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
The Finance team at HPE provides world class decision support driving profitable growth and exceptional shareholder value through our commitment to operational excellence, people development, and innovation. We provide accurate and timely financial information meeting the company's regulatory and fiduciary responsibilities with unwavering integrity.
In the Finance division, our reporting and controlling teams are working on tasks like asset management, financial integration of mergers and acquisitions, as well as US and Local GAAP reporting. Our objective is to display all business activities in a financially correct and transparent manner.
The Country Controller ensures the integrity of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's financial and tax reporting and drives compliance with HPE's policies and local regulatory requirements.
Accounting, Controls & Compliance
Enable and review the accounting books and records in accordance with US/Local GAAP and HPE Accounting policies, and ensure a strong system of internal controls over the accuracy of financial reporting.
As the Country Controller of Italy:
- Ensure financial compliance with all local laws and regulations, HPE policies and procedures, through strong oversight and active engagement with the country's leadership team, including oversight of the E2E accounting processes managed in our shared services centres
- Ensure effective governance of the country organization, including integration of new entities acquired by HPE.
- Preparation of annual financial statements and applicable notes in accordance with the local GAAP, including balance sheet, income statement, equity statement, cash flow statement and notes, supporting schedules and reports required by statutory and regulatory agencies
- Liaise with local government agencies on tax incentives/government funding awarded to HPE and associated investment commitments, where applicable
- Prepare Legal entity forecasts to support transfer pricing, tax provisioning and tax planning activities
- Conduct regular balance sheet reviews and analytics to support quarterly US GAAP reporting
- Ensure accounting requirements in relation to the country and wider group structures are met.
- Support compliance programs and projects
- Coordinate internal, external and tax audit deliverables for the UK&I entities
- Lead Projects to drive process improvement, improved controls and develop best practice that can be shared within the global organization
- Periodic review of VAT, VAT Returns and other taxes fulfilments, such as Local Regional income taxes accruals process and YEC calculation, in order to assure HPE local compliance
- Manage a team of 3 direct reports in country and lead the extended team of an additional 5 dedicated resources based in our Controllership accounting centre in Poland
- Proactively identify and mitigate business and financial risks in country.
- Provide proactive leadership to address any "white spaces" that may arise in country.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics and accounting certification
- Typically 10+ years of experience in a finance function in a complex/multinational company covering the role for Italy / in Italy
- CPA or equivalent qualification
- Typically 2+ years of supervisory and/or leading a project team experience
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Advanced understanding of accounting principles (both us and local ones) and financial analysis
- Good Tax and VAT knowledge back-ground
- Superior analytical skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent people management skills, including managing teams across countries
- Excellent communication skills, catered to a wide variety of audiences
- Strong understanding of the company's policies and processes
- Excellent consulting, influence, and negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills across all levels, professional approach able to handle sensitive information and support Tax audit with the proper accountability and seniority
- Excellent multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent business applications skills - Microsoft excel, Power Point
- Fluent in English and Italian (written and oral)
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top