Financial Analyst II
Financial Analyst II
Partners with the businesses to ensure that the capital strategies are operationally supported and strategically focused to secure the greatest return on investment for the global company. Gathers financial data and performs financial analyses and reporting (e.g., profit & loss, balance sheet, cash flow, pricing, etc.) to influence decisions within the business and to drive cross-business initiatives (e.g., Mergers & Acquisitions). Drives the forecasting process (weekly, monthly, and long term) by analyzing trends within the businesses and ensuring alignment with business- and corporate-wide objectives. Communicates and drives adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the organization's financial goals and policies. Has the fiduciary responsibility to represent financial results correctly both internally and externally. Ensures strong business controls.
- Provides moderately complex financial analysis that is either transactional or analytical for a financial function or a business.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with business leaders to actively ensure financial analysis needs are met.
- Handles more complex business issues.
- Provides analytics to business initiatives.
- Develops a deeper understanding of the company's financial processes and a detailed knowledge of the business.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics recommended or equivalent experience.
- Typically 2+ years of experience as a financial analyst.
- May have experience in more than one finance function.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Basic understanding of accounting processes and principles.
- Good analytical skills.
- Good business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel).
- Good communication skills.
- Good teamwork skills.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top