This position is a part of the WW Royalties team for HPE and will roll up into the Global Financial Solutions org. (will ultimately move to the new SW spin Co.) The Royalty analyst in the role :
- Provides standard to moderately complex financial support that is either transactional or analytical, for a financial function or a business.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with business partners to actively ensure basic financial analysis needs are met.
- Handles moderately complex business issues on a routine basis.
- Provides analytic support to business initiatives.
- Develops a deeper understanding of the company’s financial processes and a detailed knowledge of the business, for enhancing the quality of support to the business and moving up the value chain.
Royalty Finance team:
WW Royalties team provides transactional and strategic support to business partners to manage a key supply chain component ie. Royalty cost. The royalty analyst will work with product and business managers to ensure that HP is fulfilling its contractual royalty obligations to vendors. Specific responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Creation of standard royalty reports from revenue or shipment data, per contractual terms and submission of reports to vendors
- Processing accurate and timely royalty payments to vendors and resolution of related issues if any
- Working on requests from vendors and HPE business partners for any supporting or additional data and/or assisting in the timely resolution of contractual issues related to royalty payments
- Consolidation of royalty information for month end close accounting and reporting
- Ensuring high quality account reconciliations on the reconciliation tool on a timely basis, for all the assigned accounts
- Providing financial analysis and forecasting to business partners, to support business decisions
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in business or accounting; advanced degree or accounting certification (e.g., Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Master of Business Administration (MBA) preferred
- Typically 5 years of experience as a financial analyst
- Typically experienced in more than one finance function
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Access, EDW)
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top