This position can be located in either Pontiac, MI, Plano, TX or Herndon, VA.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Financial Analyst to support US Public Sector contracts for the Department of Veterans Administration portfolio.
The Finance Analyst serves as a trusted partner to support US Department of Veterans Administration Financial Analyst, and partners with account business managers and delivery managers within US Public Sector. The Financial Analyst performs financial analyses to support the Account Executive of the Department of Veterans Affairs account to meet business needs; ensuring financial activities of the contracts meet both government/company compliance regulations utilizing contract proprietary financial tools.
- Provides standard to moderately complex financial support that is either transactional or analytical for a financial function or a business.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with business leaders to actively ensure basic financial analysis needs are met.
- Handles moderately complex business issues on a routine basis.
- Provides analytic support to business initiatives.
- Develops a deeper understanding of ES’s financial processes and a detailed knowledge of the business.
- Ability to influence a particular cost center within a business, typically interacting with managers.
- Able to escalate issues appropriately
- Track ongoing performance against outlooks, load outlooks, and produce reports as necessary
- Utilizes professional concepts and theoretical knowledge acquired through specialized training, education or previous experience.
- Follows established guidelines and interprets policies.
- Exercises independent judgment within defined parameters.
- Develops expertise and practical knowledge of applications within business environment.
- Provides financial analysis for a function or business.
- Performs data extraction and analyzes data to make recommendations.
- Handles financial business issues.
- Provides analytics to business initiatives, i.e. new business or strategies
- Develops an understanding of company financial processes and a working knowledge of the business.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with recommended focus in finance or accounting.
- Typically 2 years of experience as a financial analyst.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Excellent understanding of financial analysis and accounting principles
- Excellent oral/written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills with business applications, e.g., Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Government FAR15 experience a plus
- Financial reporting skills
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and others
Bias for action: We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
HPE is an EOE / Female / Minority / Individual with Disabilities / Protected Veteran Status
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top