About Enterprise Services Finance
We provide world-class financial support for the Enterprise Services business providing insight into performance, opportunities and risk. We provide accurate and timely financial information meeting the company’s regulatory and fiduciary responsibilities with unwavering integrity on behalf of Enterprise Services. We are committed to operational excellence, people development, and innovation.
A Financial Analyst is responsible for financial support to ESFO/CoE/ES BUF Management team in area of HC, salaries, fringe, travels and other team expenses.
The role is also responsible for Month End Close, Forecasting and Budgeting cadence. This includes oversight over the cost structure analytics. On top of that there are many ad hoc tasks and activities that need resolution in short deadlines.
The role require a frequent cooperation with managers within ESFO/CoE/ES BUF. The Financial Analyst will have to sign Disclosure Agreement as the role gives the access to sensitive information.
Additionally part of the role is dedicated to Account support: MEC and forecast processes at account.
- Month-end accounting – making accounting entries, consulting and training business operations with their accounting, ensuring proper financial coding
- Forecasting and monitoring the HC level, salaries, fringe, travel and other team expenses within ESFO/CoE/ES BUF
- Cooperating with Finance leadership regarding people cost and business plans, driving high quality, accurate, on time financial analysis and reporting.
- Business support for budget planning and forecasting
- Strategic reporting including very sensitive data to WW level
- Support Transformation & Transition Activity
- Monitoring of business profitability
- Continually focus on process improvement to ensure efficiency, accuracy and compliance with financial controls
- Perform account and other financial reconciliations
- Provide regular and ad hoc financial analysis to help the organizations better understand and forecast their spending
Account support part
- Monthly forecasting process:
o Facilitate and discuss with business and finance monthly forecast;
o Analyze and understand variances in all cost categories;
o Understanding and usage of Action Lifecycle Management core forecasting tool (Realized baseline, Improve actions, Growth opportunities, Risks);
o Compare and monitor progress towards Budget/Plan of record
- Coordinate and execute the month end close activities for the account:
o Provide financial result and close narratives (from Workday -1 till Workday 4);
o Work closely with Finance Processing Team regarding journal vouchers/ inter-company bookings;
o Present and explain to the Account Executive and Vertical Leader the result and variance to forecast;
- Balance sheet monthly checks and quarter over quarter movements explanation;
- Capital forecast: coordinate Capex planning and leasing contracts set-up, analyze spend vs. Plan of Record
- Compliance: implementation of new processes, policies and systems on the account, compliance with business controls in the area of Order Management, Invoicing, Revenue recognition, responding to audit requests
- Close participation in projects setting up inclusive of Revenue Recognition Checklist and Accounting Memo
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of financial reporting;
- Preparation of any other ad-hoc requests that can assist management in decision making;
- Master data maintenance;
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics; advanced degree or accounting certification (e.g., Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Master of Business Administration (MBA) preferred.
- Typically 4 years of experience as a financial analyst.
- Typically experienced in more than one finance function.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel).
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Good business acumen.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top