Finance Project Manager
Finance Project Manager
Drives the implementation of best in class financial systems providing relevant, timely, and accurate financial information for financial planning, decision-making, control and risk management, and internal and external performance measurement. Works with Finance and Information Technology to design, construct, and implement financial and business processes and systems requirements globally such as a new reporting system. Develops design requirements for implementing new systems. Determines type of functionality needed in a new system (e.g., designating the business required documents in implementing a new reimbursement policy). Implements processes and tools that support efficiency initiatives.
- Manages the implementation of a system solution from beginning to end for a customer and creates a plan for testing new systems.
- Troubleshoots current applications and solves minor issues independently.
- Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives.
- Interacts with internal customers, examining moderately complex issues or concerns to find a solution.
- Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to identify the business potential of a given project.
- Solves moderately complex, multiple systems problems.
- Develops risk mitigation and fall back strategies.
- Generates ideas for projects.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in finance or computer science; advanced degree , PMP preferred.
- Typically 4+ years of experience in Project Management area
- Advanced level understanding of Finance processes
Knowledge and Skills:
- Intermediate understanding of financial systems and processes in several areas.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Developing presentation skills; strong PowerPoint skills.
- Expert proficiency in Excel.
- Advanced analytical skills.
- Advanced understanding of accounting principals.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize.
- Ability to design new systems.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top