Finance - Project Management
Finance - Project Management
Description – Internal
Do you have advanced accounting, finance and systems knowledge with proven ability to solve complex business issues? Are you regarded as a financial processes and systems subject matter expert? Do you frequently contribute to the development of new ideas and methods and act as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies? Then this expert level role may be the role for you!
This position is part of our global HPE Services Finance Systems – IT PoR & GSD Architecture team. In it you may serve as our Finance lead for projects, escalations and to drive systems' issues resolution in support of business finance. The role may also lead and/or provide expertise to functional projects and participation in cross-functional initiatives.
In general, this expert position
- Provides complex and occasionally highly complex financial analysis for a financial function or a business, typically exercising a strong understanding of the business to determine the best method for achieving objectives.
- Consults with business leaders to guide and influence strategic decision-making within a broad scope.
- Forecasts financial results within a broad scope.
- Leads business initiatives, typically leading analysts across multiple sub-functions within finance.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement and policy development and engages in the design.
- Represents the business unit during cross-regional or cross functional planning processes.
- Provides mentoring and guidance to analysts.
- Ability to influence multiple organizations within a broad scope, typically interacting with directors and Vice President (VP)s.
- Communicates and drives adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the organization's financial goals and policies.
- Has the fiduciary responsibility to represent financial results correctly both internally and externally.
- Ensures strong business controls.
As a Finance Project Manager you would be responsible for the project management of special projects inside of the finance function. You would work directly with the project sponsors to plan all aspects of project development. In this role you would work with and influences other groups and functional areas in defining policy, procedures, or systems. You would also exercise creativity in the design, development, or improvement of major functional processes.
Responsibilities may include the following depending upon job level:
- Project requirement development
- Project scoping/budgeting
- Building and maintaining project timeline
- Ensure deadlines are meet
- Manage and monitor resources and schedules.
- Ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the project.
- Ensure the effective timely delivery of the project and highlight any concerns.
- Maintain regular contact with project stakeholders.
- Ensure quality and high standards are maintained at all times.
- Organize, brief and supervise quality control.
- Ensure clear communications throughout the project.
Qualifications - Internal
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics; advanced degree or accounting certification (e.g., Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Master of Business Administration (MBA)) preferred.
- Typically 6+ years of experience as a financial analyst.
- Typically experienced in more than one finance function.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Excellent understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis, with advanced knowledge in one area
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Office suite, MS Project, Data Warehouse, SAP)
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Superior teamwork skills
- Strong business acumen
- Good project management skills
- Ability to influence multiple organizations within a broad scope
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top