Finance Portfolio Planner
“Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.”
The Finance team at HPE provides world class decision support driving profitable growth and exceptional shareholder value through our commitment to operational excellence, people development, and innovation. We provide accurate and timely financial information meeting the company’s regulatory and fiduciary responsibilities with unwavering integrity.
In the Finance division, our reporting and controlling teams are working on tasks like asset management, financial integration of mergers and acquisitions, as well as USGAAP-reporting. Our objective is to display all business activities in a financially correct and transparent manner.
- -Planner oversees the Finance Project Interlock for Innovation, RCRB and Finance projects
- Covers Resource sizing and demand management including Cost and budget interlock, Resource management
- Ensure Finance Portfolio projects are aligned to strategic Finance global plans and Legal Landscape Compliance Governance to manage the Finance compliance roadmap & planning
- Portfolio Planning – covering Initiation (Opportunities/ Pipeline visibility), Planning,Prioritized projects
- Maintains close communication with BUs, regional finance, tax leads and Topic Experts for early awareness of potential business needs
- -Monitors and follow up BU, IT and RCRB approvals
- Meets with BUs, RCRB PMO and Legal Landscape Compliance Governance community to gather and provide Portfolio/Roadmap/ interlock, project timeline updates etc.
- Portfolio Execution – Sizing & Readiness, costing, funding split and budget approvals
- Project Pre-launch confirmations
- Determines BU split for project funding
- Requests projects costs calculation and budget interlock
- -Work closely with IT, BU Planners, and RCRB topic experts
- Planner Monitors progress of projects’ PreLaunch activities
- Supports Finance PMs with project information and interlocks
- Provide support for project change requests submission and approvals
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA and MBA is preferred
- In depth knowledge of HPE Financial Systems and Processes preferred
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Flexibility to engage across regional time zones
- Good with analyzing numbers
- Proficient with Excel and PPT slides
- Initiative and independence, ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Able to interface comfortably, communicate clearly and concisely, and motivate individuals or groups within all levels of the organization
- Ability to work flexibly and on own initiative without a lot of direction in times of ambiguity
- Demonstrated excellent leadership skills in a global environment
- Have excellent communication skills both verbal and written and
- excellent organizational skills
- Leadership qualities: Integrity, attention to detail, timeline sensitive,
- goal oriented, and motivator
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top