Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You'll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a "reverse mentoring" program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
The Finance team at HPE provides world class decision support driving profitable growth and exceptional shareholder value through our commitment to operational excellence, people development, and innovation. We provide accurate and timely financial information meeting the company's regulatory and fiduciary responsibilities with unwavering integrity.
In the Finance division, our reporting and controlling teams are working on tasks like asset management, financial integration of mergers and acquisitions, as well as USGAAP-reporting. Our objective is to display all business activities in a financially correct and transparent manner.
Partners with the businesses to ensure that the capital strategies are operationally supported and strategically focused to secure the greatest return on investment for the global company. Gathers financial data and performs financial analyses and reporting (e.g., profit & loss, balance sheet, cash flow, pricing, etc.) to influence decisions within the business and to drive cross-business initiatives (e.g., Mergers & Acquisitions). Drives the forecasting process (weekly, monthly, and long term) by analyzing trends within the businesses and ensuring alignment with business- and corporate-wide objectives. Communicates and drives adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the organization's financial goals and policies. Has the fiduciary responsibility to represent financial results correctly both internally and externally. Ensures strong business controls.
- Reporting to Finance Director
- Responsible for the delivery of financial reporting for APJ Region and oversee the daily operations of the APJ Global Legal Tax and Statutory Team
- Manages a team of approximately 15 Financial Analysts that typically supports APJ country controllership activities
- Manage key senior stakeholders expectations especially the APJ country controllers
- Responsible for hiring, setting and monitoring of annual performance plans, coaching, and career development; ensures that the proper tools are in place to support the team and the processes
- Provide trainings to the team on the topics relevant to the local legal and USGAAP reporting.
- Review monthly account reconciliation prepared by the Team.
- Review and approve the manual journal and intercompany billing prepared by the team.
- Prepare and review the department expense and forecast, as well provide the flux analysis.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for process improvement and policy development and engages in the design
- Liaising with the external auditors from the APJ countries
- Ensure compliance of all statutory and legal requirements such as Financial Reporting Standards, Companies Act, Tax and Corporate governance.
- Coordinate timelines and deliverables with stakeholders
- Other adhoc assignments – Merger and Acquisitions, divestitures project, etc.
About the candidate
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics; advanced degree and/or accounting certification (e.g., CPA, MBA) preferred
- Typically 6+ years of experience in a finance/accounting function
- Typically 2+ years of supervisory and/or leading a project team experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Good people management skills, including managing teams across geographies
- Excellent communication skills which includes both verbal and written
- Strong business acumen
- Good understanding of the company's policies and processes
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Hands-on when needed
- Ability to work in a team environment
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration - building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still - we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate - creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top