Field Technical Support Specialist
Field Technical Support Specialist
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You'll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a "reverse mentoring" program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
HPE Technology Services (TS) guides customers to the New Style of IT by transforming and supporting infrastructure that enables optimal business outcomes. Our vision is to be the undisputed leading provider of Enterprise Technology Services through our constant innovation and customers-for-life mindset. We advise our customers by helping align their IT strategy to business value. We transform their IT landscape and provide a safe journey for our customers on their way to the New Style of IT. We deliver agility and flexibility to our customers, while also ensuring security and stability, reducing risk and delivering unmatched value.
About the role:
- Apply advanced technical knowledge to operate one or more technology areas (e.g. server administration, technical security management, performance management) or customer groups that are critical or high risk.
- Integrate technical knowledge and business understanding to create. Solutions for customers.
- Resolve single- and cross technology incidents independently. Work with team members to resolve
unusually complex or cross technology incidents.
- Proactively and reactively look for solutions to prevent problems from occurring in team/technology area
- Apply company solutions to meet highly complex customer needs.
- Identify additional services that could lead to future service revenue growth.
- Provide technical consulting during contract renewal discussions.
- Build and maintain strong relationship up to senior management level in assigned accounts.
- Design and deliver support solutions using specific industry knowledge and expertise.
- Assist in managing delivery of industry support solutions.
- Lead Customer Expectation management as part of escalation process.
- Lead cross-team or large programs/projects.
- Coach or guide junior consultants. Manage major/complex and strategic accounts. Impact though the expertise, quality of service and influence of advice. Provide leadership within team. Provide team level leadership
- Broad multi-technology knowledge in enterprise products
- IT end to end understanding credibility for decision maker conversations
- Virtualization and operating system knowledge
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Certified in IT Service Management (ITIL V3 Foundation to V3 Expert based on job level)
- Maintains strong understanding of the customer IT environment, vertical industry trends and relevant market
- Financial expertise in cost of delivery, margin and revenue basics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Client relationship management skills
- Ability to expand customer relationships beyond IT management to the IT Decision makers who are responsible for IT Strategy and Budget
- Strong influencing and presentation skills
- Understanding and ability to demonstrate the main principles of Service Management
- Understands standard procedures of Project Management and Change Management
- Involvement in Pre-sales, Post-sales and Renewal activities in order to provide services and account management inputs
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration - building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and euch other
Bias for action: We never sit still - we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate - creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor of Engineering or Diploma(Candidate should have completed 10th standard, 12th Standard, 3 Years Diploma) in Electronics or Computer Science with minimum 7 years working experience in related fields desired.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
Thorough knowledge of company products and services offerings, company organization, competition, third party products and market trends. Broad knowledge of corporate organization, job, and policies. Comprehensive business, technical or functional knowledge at an expert level. Communicate tactfully with diplomacy up to senior management levels within an organization. Active listening skills and ability to adjust messages to audience level. Problem-solving skills (proactive, reactive and creative). Able to employ exemplary consulting skills by becoming a trusted advisor to the customer and providing clarity to solution determination. Well versed in core technical competencies and peaked in some technical area(s) Intermediate skills in project management, communication, analysis and presentation. Provide suggestions for operational efficiencies.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top