Field Technical Support Consultant
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
HPE Technology Services (TS) guides customers to the New Style of IT by transforming and supporting infrastructure that enables optimal business outcomes. Our vision is to be the undisputed leading provider of Enterprise Technology Services through our constant innovation and customers-for-life mindset. We advise our customers by helping align their IT strategy to business value. We transform their IT landscape and provide a safe journey for our customers on their way to the New Style of IT. We deliver agility and flexibility to our customers, while also ensuring security and stability, reducing risk and delivering unmatched value.
We are looking for a Field Technical Support Consultant who:
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
- Apply deep and broad technical background and knowledge of industry trends to operate several critical or high risk technology areas/customer groups.
- Integrate technical knowledge and business understanding to create solutions for customer.
- Mentor/consult with team members, other organizations, customers, and vendors on complex issues.
- Act as a consultant in service delivery business, technology, industry or specific application.
- Resolve technical and some business incidents independently.
- Mentor/assist less-experienced team members on complex incidents.
- Deliver strategic account support by proactively maintaining high-level technical, operational expertise and understanding of industry trends.
- Review support plan for business indicators and map to company service solutions.
- Develop and grow assigned customer account relationships with complex and strategic accounts.
- Act as trusted advisor in the consultant role for customer and company sales teams.
- Design and deliver support solutions using specific industry knowledge and expertise; Assist Mission Critical or project manager in solution formation and lead Mission Critical delivery team in planning, delivering, and managing complex support solutions.
- Provide suggestions for operational efficiencies.
- Create and deliver Value Based Delivery (VBD) account plans for assigned accounts.
- Lead Customer Expectation management as part of escalation process.
- Give inputs to operational methods and programs that may affect the business management strategy in a geographic area.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or Associate degree holder (technical field) with 6- 8years working experience in related fields desired.
Knowledge and Skills
- In-depth knowledge of company and industry standard networked computing environments, operating systems, and applications.
- Some in-depth knowledge of corporate organization and policies.
- Thorough knowledge of company products and services offerings, company organization, competition, third party products and market trends.
- Business, technical, or functional knowledge at the mastery level plus administrative or operations knowledge.
- Anticipate Customer needs, develop proposed solutions, and build consensus.
- Provide Mission Critical customer recommendations to improve processes.
- Experienced knowledge of change management process and tools in complex environment.
- Advanced skills in project management, communication, analysis, and presentation.
- Expertise in area of focus and knowledgeable of future technology directions.
- Mission Critical and ITIL certifications.
- Manages delivery of proactive Mission Critical industry support solutions.
- Represents company Mission Critical support services portfolio to company Management and customer management.
- Accountable to cultivate and grow executive-level relationships with Mission Critical customer management for high level accounts.
- Impact through the expertise, quality of service, and influence of advice.
- Lead small project teams Provides team and account project leadership.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to Mission Critical Support Specialists, Mission Critical ASCs and entire Mission Critical account team.
- Scope and impact is associated with customer revenues, which can vary depending on geography. Typically in a large country like US, supports customers less than $1 million in revenue.
- Manages large, complex strategic accounts and service delivery teams involving broad segments of the company portfolio and/or multiple countries.
- Capable of leveraging hi level technical skills in complex environments.
- Capable of building and delivering complex Mission Critical support services.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top