Field Technical Consultant
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company and ranked 10 on the Fortune 500 list for 2012, HPE brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients. And at HPE, we know that our people and values are the most important elements in this success.
- Apply technical knowledge to operate a technology area (e.g. server administration, technical security management, performance management) or customer group with moderate risk/complexity.
- Integrate technical knowledge and business understanding to create solutions for customers.
- Resolve most technical incidents independently within your technical area. Work with team members to resolve more complex or cross-technology incidents
- Identify potential escalations and alert management proactively
- Begin to proactively and reactively provide solutions to prevent problems from occurring in area of responsibility.
- Apply company solutions to meet moderately complex customer needs within area(s) of technical responsibility
- Balance internal needs with customer needs within defined parameters.
- May identify additional services that could lead to future service revenue growth.
- May provide technical consulting during contract renewal discussions.
- Build strong relationship with management in assigned accounts.
- Influence delivery decisions on assigned account plans.
- Drive Customer Expectation management as part of escalation process.
- Manage small projects/programs in the team. Deliver account management to a full account load Manage medium accounts and a limited number of major accounts. Impact through the accuracy and quality of the services provided on full account assignment. Participate as active member in teams.
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree preferred or Associate degree holder (technical field) with 4-6 years working experience in related fields desired.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
Broad knowledge of company products and services offerings. Basic knowledge of corporate organization, job, and policies. Comprehensive business, technical, or functional knowledge. Well versed in core technical competencies (Outsourcing Services (OS), networking, core company applications) Communicate effectively and tactfully to technical level, first- and middle-level management within an organization. Active listening skills and ability to adjust messages to audience level. Problem-solving skills (proactive, reactive and creative). Able to identify alternative actions, sets appropriate priorities and identifies creative and practical solutions. Technical background or significant technical understanding to communicate with customers and technicians for problem determination and solution
implementation. Basic project management, communication, and analytical skills. Able to suggest operational efficiencies.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top