Field Services Customer Engineer
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we don’t just believe in the power of technology, we believe in the power of people when technology works for them. We believe in applying new thinking and ideas to improve the way our customers live and work.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
HPE Technology Services (TS) guides customers to the New Style of IT by transforming and supporting infrastructure that enables optimal business outcomes. Our vision is to be the undisputed leading provider of Enterprise Technology Services through our constant innovation and customers-for-life mindset. We advise our customers by helping align their IT strategy to business value. We transform their IT landscape and provide a safe journey for our customers on their way to the New Style of IT. We deliver agility and flexibility to our customers, while also ensuring security and stability, reducing risk and delivering unmatched value.
HPE’s Technology Services: exceptional people supporting business technology in action. TS is made of talented professionals who bring the technical insight, process excellence and resource flexibility to help customers optimize their technology operations and drive business outcomes, from desktop to datacenter. In TS we know relationships and people matter—our services provide margin, “stickiness”, customer satisfaction & loyalty. Candidates from the following locations can be considered: London, Waterloo, Kitchener, and Cambridge.
The successful candidate will:
- Maintain high level Customer satisfaction by clarifying Customer needs and ensuring that they are met
- Handle Customer-relation problems promptly and appropriately, escalate issues according to established procedures
- Provide hardware and software break/fix service and support for local HPE customers on HPE servers, storage and network systems.
- Respond to service, product, technical, and Customer relations questions
- Team/call leader acting as a technical resource/mentor to others in the onsite Volume Service Business
- Escalation direction for Volume Service Business
HPE creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company and ranked 10 on the Fortune 500 list for 2012, HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today— we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job please refer them.
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Education and Experience Required:
- Minimum Vocational/Diploma/Associate Degree (technical field) equivalent with 1-2 years of working experience in related fields, or Degree holder with no or less than 1 year relevant working experience
- Valid Ontario drivers license (abstract will be required)
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Thorough knowledge of organization and policies
- Comprehensive business, technical, or functional knowledge, as well as basic project management skills and communication and analytical problem-solving skills
- Ability to build and maintain ongoing relationships with customers, peers and support partners
- Ability to perform while under high-pressure situations
In order to satisfy our contractual obligations with clients, the successful candidate will be required to pass a basic, standard Criminal Records check. You will also be required to sign off on HPE’s Confidentiality, Non-Solicitation and Conflict of Interest Agreement.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome the many dimensions of diversity.
Accommodation of special needs for qualified candidates may be considered within the framework of the HPE Accommodation Policy.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top