Field Service Technician (Top Secret Clearance required)
Working at Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) is about leading and winning the right way – for customers, for employees, and as a global citizen. We offer our global workforce the opportunities to:
- Working at Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) is about leading and winning the right way – for customers, for employees, and as a global citizen. We offer our global workforce the opportunities to:
- •Experience what it means to win as a professional.
- •Discover a mosaic of career opportunities in a culture of open doors and open minds.
- •Connect with colleagues who are the best and brightest in their fields.
- •Collaborate with purpose to develop products and deliver services that will change the world.
- •Be part of a socially and environmentally responsible, multicultural organization.
- We are committed to conducting business with the highest integrity, which means working to benefit each community in which we operate. HPE is committed to winning the right way.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is seeking highly motivated and qualified individuals to join our team in a broad variety of positions supporting a customer at Offutt AFB. The contract will provide mission critical, integrated, operational support for the IT infrastructure essential to the current and evolving missions for the customer. The major support areas in this contract are Program Management, IT Operations and Maintenance, Engineering, and Applications Support.
The Field Services Support Hardware Engineer provides and coordinates support for users. Troubleshoots network systems when necessary and makes improvements to the network. Install, configure, service, repair, and maintain hardware and software for network services, storage networking devices, and servers.
- Serves as subject matter expert, possessing knowledge of VIP support activities.
- Support General Officers and their staff, Flag Officers and their staff, Senior Executive Service (SES) users and their staff, foreign officers, and others as defined by the government as a priority group for services on a 24×7 basis as required.
- Provide and coordinate support for trouble tickets and issues identified through Executive Communications.
- Provide and coordinate support for mobile devices
- Provide and coordinate management, maintenance, and operation of connectivity between the home devices and headquarters networks.
- Provide and coordinate support for Command’s General Officers, Flag Officers, and SES’s for systems in their homes including management of the devices as though they were located in the headquarters building regarding device refresh, patching, operations, software installation, HW/SW maintenance, and ensuring the device meets all required Cybersecurity policies.
Education and Experience Required:
- Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Science, Information Systems, or a related discipline, with 8 – 12 years relevant industry experience
- Knowledgeable of computer hardware/software and peripherals to include installation of hardware components and software.
- Excellent communication skills and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to interact with employees at all levels
- High level of customer service aptitude.
- High level of motivation, self-starter, ability to quickly identify what needs to be accomplished.
- Possess a Security or equivalent security certification
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification
- * The candidate hired for this position must be a US Citizen with an active top secret security clearance with eligibility for SCI – or – must be capable of maintaining/ obtaining a TS/SCI clearance. If the candidate does not have a top secret clearance, a minimum of a Secret security clearance is required to start work on-site for this contract. **
Knowledge and Skills:
- • Excellent verbal and written communication skills, influencing skills and ability to work effectively with a team
- Critical thinking skills, both qualitatively and quantitatively, ability to prepare a well-grounded, defensible argument
- Demonstrated technical leadership skills
- Ability to work in a complex ever changing environment with short turn around tasking internally and with the client
- Experience with Network systems and servers, networking systems integration (hardware, software, network, and database).
- Knowledgeable of network operations, network security, system operation and performance, and system effectiveness.
- Experience in data, voice and video networks
- Practical experience and expertise with high level organizations within the DOD and other US Government agencies.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top