Field Service Technician
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is a leading global technology services provider delivering business solutions to its clients. Hewlett Packard Enterprise delivers the industry’s broadest portfolios of information technology, applications and business process outsourcing services to clients in the manufacturing; financial services; healthcare; communications, media and entertainment; energy; transportation; and consumer and retail industries; and to governments around the world.
Governments turn to Hewlett Packard Enterprise for the mission-focused experience to help reduce costs, streamline processes and operate more efficiently, while improving the quality and value of the services they provide. Our deep experience in the public and private sectors has enabled us to deliver substantial results for a variety of government organizations.
We are currently seeking a Field Services Technician to join our growing team at Fort Meade in support of our NGEN contract with our Navy and Marine Corps customers.
- Ensure high level Customer satisfaction by clarifying Customer needs and ensuring that they are met.
- Handle Customer-relation problems promptly and appropriately, provide guidance, escalate issues according to established procedures.
- Provide software service, presales, post-sales or service delivery support.
- For Mission Critical Customers, provide proactive and some reactive services.
- Monitor operation performance and work on corrective action plans (if needed).
- Provide input about Customers business and industry trend information into Account Support Plan.
- Mentor /Coach new hires on work process and procedures.
- Responsible for account growth and retention.
Education and Experience Required:
- Minimum Vocational/Diploma/Associate Degree (technical field) with 6 years of working experience in related fields or degree holder with 4-6 years relevant working experience.
- Experience with support of full range of HP products in Customer base.
- Proactive account management experience must meet HA/MCS qualifications.
- Must have or be able to obtain a U.S. DoD Top Secret-level Security Clearance (with SCI eligibility)
- Must have a CompTIA A CE or Security CE certification by day one
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Broad knowledge of corporate policies, products, markets and processes, as well as an understanding of business management principles and practices.
- Expert knowledge of one or more industry or advanced specialty areas.
- Strong knowledge of O/S, UNIX, and networking.
- Ability to maximize systems availability as a technical specialist highly trained in heterogeneous data center environments.
- Excellent communication, and presentation skills (both verbal and written presentations).
- Ability to prevent unplanned outages or data loss by proactively escalating issues.
- Superior Customer relationship building skills that help move from transactional relationship to long-term relationship activities with Customer.
- Ability to perform while under extremely high pressure situations.
- Demonstrate skills in management, planning, problem solving, innovation, analysis, communication and negotiation.
- Secure ITIL knowledge /certification with the ability to communicate business and IT alignment value.
- Provides leadership and coaching to Field Technical Support Representatives.
- Develop basic knowledge of change management process and tools.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top