Federal Service Delivery Program Manager - Defense Information Systems Agency
About the Federal Service Delivery ProgramManager – Defense Information Systems Agency
HewlettPackard Enterprise (HPE) is seeking to identify highly motivated andqualified individuals for an opportunity as a Federal Service Delivery ProgramManager for the Defense Information Systems Agency.
Position will belocated in one of the following cities; no relocation assistance available.
Ft. Meade, MD
Oklahoma City, OK
Salt Lake City, UT
Position requiresoccasional after-hours and weekend work in a 24/7 environment.
Travel: 25-35%overnight travel is expected
- Assigned as the Program focal point for a Defense InformationSystems Agency (DISA) program
- Builds a strong ongoing relationship with Customer, owns theCustomer relationship and drives resolution of all Customer queries and issues
- Directs end-to-end operational aspects across several HPE businessunits
- Crafts and leads the implementation and management of alltransitional phases and operational solution
- Understands DISA and DISA Mission Partner customers at sitethrough headquarters levels to analyze technical, contractual, and deliveryrequirements
- Contributes to customer strategic growth and mission success
- Manages the Program-level business relationship with FederalCustomer
- Leads program to ensure that it meets all scope, time, budget andquality expectations through planning, controlling, and managing work
- Owns the implementation and management of Server and ConvergedTechnology Solutions, including software, delivery, migration and allassociated tasks within Program contract scope
- Builds a strong ongoing relationship with assigned program HPEChief Technology Officer, Technology Experts, and HPE business unit leaders todrive both internal and external program execution functions
- Identifies and manages the ongoing refinement of the solution, toinclude driving Federal contract changes to meet Customer’s changing needs
- Collaborates with other functions to drive resolution in supportof the customer requirements
- Prepares and runs recurring operational performance reviews withthe customer and supports improvement plans
- Leads and guides to success a Program Office team comprised ofSenior cross-HPE business unit expertise, including Consulting, Financial andBusiness Operations, Service Delivery, and Engineering
- Proactively develops, improves upon, and communicates operationalprocess changes or challenges to customer and internal management
- Is responsible for corrective action plans and execution ofthose plans
- Conducts, leads, and/or reviews highly complex operationalanalysis where required
- Manage delivery of large / complex projects where there is asignificant impact on HPE revenue. Deadlines are aggressive but achievable; delivery may be in a singlelocation or span multiple locations; complex execution issues exist.
- Manage project financials including P&L where projects meet orexceed approved budget
- Provide reliable financial forecasts to management
- As Program Leadership for DISA Program and Program ManagementOffice (PMO), ensures fiduciary integrity throughout program. Controls anddrives funding level actions with Business Operations Manager.
- Develops strategies and processes with the customer in areas suchas performance metrics and measure, escalation change management, andcommunication
- Principal contact for operational and tactical issues; escalationmanagement; and communication plan
- May act as a people manager
- Provides performance review input and indication of area ofdevelopment for team members
At HPE, people are our strategic advantage. People with the right mindset, coupled with the right talent, education and experience, will be instrumental to HPE maintaining and extending its prominence in the global IT market.
Talent, education and experience will only take us so far. Having the “right mindset” means being:
- Adaptable — Takes in stride and constantly attunes to the changing needs of a highly dynamic business.
- Curious — Our key contributors are always seeking to grow their knowledge, to gain new perspectives, and to find better ways forward.
- Tenacious — Our business—our industry—demands self-starters who will takes ownership of projects and bring them to completion despite difficulties or setbacks.
Sound like a place where you can make an impact? If so, please let us hear from you by applying today!
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree or compensating experience (see below)
- 10 years’ progressive experience in enterprise service program delivery, project management, or financial operations in a PMO (Program Management Office) or project group structure
- Without a degree, an additional 2 years’ experience, for a total of 12 years’ progressive experience in enterprise service program delivery, project management or financial operations in a PMO (Program Management Office) or project group structure
- Current or recent experience with enterprise Server, Storage, and / or Network Program delivery highly desirable
- Recent Public Sector experience in areas of contracting, ordering, or technology decision-making highly desirable
- Strong fluency with Microsoft Excel required
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Current PMP (Project Management Professional) certification, or pass exam within 30 days
- Demonstrated experience working cross-functionally (finance, services, manufacturing, etc).
- Understanding of HPE Service Delivery approaches required, with specific work on delivering a custom program for a secure customer or identified key account strongly preferred
- Background and familiarity in the following strongly preferred:
- managing manual invoicing and business operations processing
- use of Excel and automation tools
- use of HPE tools for program reporting
Thanks for taking the time to review our job! If you think it is a match to your experience and interests, please apply today—we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job, please refer them.
To apply: (remove from internal posting)
1) Log onto www.hpe.com/jobs
2) Under “Search Jobs”, enter job number – 1598147
3) Complete full application process
About HPE Enterprise Group (EG) Technology Services
HPE Enterprise Group Technology Services is a global service provider and business integrator delivering solutions with speed, power, precision, and passion. HPE Enterprise Group is responsible for the development and delivery of the IT infrastructure solutions at the core of the world’s largest and fastest growing organizations, which includes servers, storage, networking, technology services, converged data center infrastructure, Telco and cloud solutions. As part of EG, Technology Services provides support and consulting services for HPE’s Enterprise products and solutions.
With over 6000 consultants and project managers in 110 countries, TS assists clients in realigning their IT strategies and making the best use of technology to create or capitalize on business opportunities. We offer onsite services, Internet and global technology solutions to multi-site, multi-national businesses, including manufacturing, telecoms, automotive, energy, financial services, and other key industries. Services range from warranty and product support to proactive mission-critical and business continuity services, deployment and performance services, security, integrated support for complex multi-vendor environments and software publishing.
About HPE Technology Services Global Support Delivery
HPE Technology Services Global Support Delivery works with our customers to effectively manage their IT needs across their businesses, across the world. Our teams are assigned to, and engage in, projects at our customers’ sites across a wide variety of industry verticals including Retail, Financial Services, Healthcare, Insurance, and Manufacturing.
The complexity of technology deployment, management, and support is creating demand for evolved technology support service offerings that meet performance, cost, availability, reliability, security, and scalability demands. The appetite for Technology Services Support is expanding rapidly as enterprises of all stripes realize they can’t “do it all”.
About Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Tomorrow belongs to the fast, and HPE is in the acceleration business!
To help companies accelerate, we’ve created a new company, one that defines transformation—and defies “business as usual”. In the fast-paced, quick-release environment of the future, you need to be constantly ready for change, be resourceful, and be highly adaptable to the ever-changing business landscape.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is not only the company best equipped to build a bridge from where enterprise IT is today, to where it needs to be, but HPE is also an incredible place to build a career. As the only company that brings it all—software, hardware, services, and talented people with the right mindset—we help organizations innovate, stay competitive, and quickly turn ideas into value.
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top