Executive IT support specialist
Executive IT support specialist
Works within the Information Technology function, obtaining resources and working in support of objectives and strategies. Typical customers are company end users and various functional areas such as Supply Chain, Research and Development, Marketing, Finance, a business, or the company. Must be proficient in all aspects or troubleshooting and resolving technical issues. Experience with configurations on laptops, printers, and mobile devices.
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees
- Participates as a member of IT technical team of support engineers providing technical support. Represent team(s) as liaison to the end users. Develop innovative team solutions to complex problems. Independently implements end- user or enterprise infrastructure/Application or services of significant complexity.
- Demonstrates technical leadership and exerts influence outside of immediate team. Integrates technical expertise and business understanding to create superior solutions for the company and customers. Mentors and consults with team members and other organizations, customers and vendors on complex issues. Contributes to strategic direction for teams. Independently resolves highly complex technical issues within a given technical area. Partners with members of a team and other IT teams as appropriate; leads technical team while resolving key issues. Identifies potential escalations and proactively alerts management; leads and escalates through L3. Proactively searches for issues and provides solutions to prevent problems from occurring in area of responsibility. Provides mentoring and guidance to other technologists or developers. .
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent experience and a minimum of 10 years of related experience or a Master's degree and a minimum of 8 years of experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and technical leadership skills. Strong experience with infrastructure environments (e.g. operating system, hardware, data center, security, network, voice, end user and related applications).
- Strong experience with business IT applications (e.g. supply chain, customer relationship mgmt, HR, finance) .
- Possess creative ability, consulting skills, leadership qualities, credibility and self confidence. Influencing skills and ability to work effectively in a geographically dispersed team. Demonstrated technical leadership skills. Ability to translate business needs into technical requirements and solutions.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top