Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) is one of the world's largest & most successful IT companies. With our corporate headquarters in Palo Alto, HPE is among the world's largest provider of IT infrastructure, software, services, and solutions to small-and-medium businesses and large enterprises including governments. We offer a diverse portfolio of products to more than 1,000 corporations and government clients in more than 90 countries. We know that our people and values are the most important elements in this success. We invest in your personal growth and development in an environment that will both challenge and reward you.
Our Enterprise Group (EG) combines the portfolio of Enterprise Server, Storage, Networking and Technology Services to solve the complexities of the extended enterprise and deliver advanced solutions and services to our global, commercial and public sector and SMB customers throughout the regions.
In order to drive this continued success through our talented workforce, we are looking for a senior Executive Assistant to support one of our senior executives. The suitable incumbent would be responsible for performing general administrative support tasks involved in an organization. Responsibilities include assisting supervisory and nonsupervisory employees with various administrative support tasks. These tasks may include, but are not limited to, general filing and records maintenance, compiling data for reports, assisting with administrative tasks associated with the cost center(s) budget(s), scheduling appointments and meetings, calendar maintenance for one or more employees, answering/screening telephone calls, preparing expense reports, preparing/editing presentations, making travel arrangements, distributing mail, greeting/escorting visitors, assisting new employees, duplicating, and other established general administrative tasks. Coordinates work within the work unit and with other work units/departments, both internal and possibly external to the company. May assist in supporting the general administrative work for one or more professional employees other than the direct supervisor. The work performed by these employees is predominately general administrative in nature, as opposed to specific administrative tasks that are directly related to a specialty functions e.g., marketing, engineering, human resources, etc.
The Executive Assistant will use his/ her ability as a skilled specialist to contribute to the development of new concepts/techniques and to complete assignments/tasks in innovative and effective ways. Expert knowledge on the general/technical aspects of the job. Works on assignments that are highly complex in nature where a strong degree of independent judgment, initiative and technical knowledge are required to resolve problems. Work is completed independently and has ability to handle most unique situations. Frequently determines methods and procedures for new assignments.
- Responsible for performing tactical and strategic administrative support tasks for upper executive level employees of the organization.
- Responsibilities include performing various tasks in administrative support at the upper executive level.
- These tasks may include, but are not limited to, key records maintenance, compiling data for reports, administrative tasks associated with the budget process, scheduling executive appointments and meetings, calendar maintenance for upper executive level employees, answering/screening/routing telephone calls for upper level executives, preparing expense reports, preparing/editing executive presentations, making travel arrangements, mentoring/leading the general administrative staff of the department/division, and other established general administrative requirements of the organization.
- Coordinates the administrative work within the department/division, working with other departments/divisions and companies.
- Recognized as the top administrative employee in the department or division.
- The work performed by these employees is predominately administrative work that is largely tactical and strategic in nature.
Education and Experience
- Some college level education highly preferred.
- Requires a minimum of 10+ years general administrative experience, or equivalent combination of experience and college level education.
Type of Experience Needed
- Advanced general administrative skills/knowledge required at an upper executive level.
- Usually works with multiple issues/projects and has the experience/ability to support multiple project administrative requirements.
- Regarded as the key administrative employee of the division and is a primary administrative employee in the company.
- Specific advanced software skills as required by the division
- Experience supporting VPs and Directors
- Experience in a matrixed organization desired.
- Preferred MNC experience
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, fast pace and change
- Must maintain confidentiality. Strong ethical mindset
- Liaise with WW and other admins across the region
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Assertive and confident; a good can-do attitude
- Ability to go above and beyond to ensure that the team and leader are set up for success
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top