Entry Level Java Software Developer
HP Technology Services R&D is providing software and services in the field of Support Automation for HP’s Enterprise Group. Our business is based on Connected Products, Cloud, Big Data Analytics, DevOps and the Internet of Things. We use state of the art technologies and development processes.
We are looking for a System Software Developer interested in building the next generation of system and platform monitoring and analysis tools for the modern connected world. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the next generation of HP Support Automation offerings. The team is motivated, dynamic and committed to developing quality software in a Scaled Agile framework.
- Develop customer-facing system management solutions, primarily using Java.
- Actively participate in and contribute to all activities of the scrum team as needed – from planning through to design, development, test, automation, deployment and support
- Analyze design and implement / code solution according to a defined architecture, guidelines and standards.
- Develop and execute automated tests and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs issues with code and drives improvements or refactoring
- Support the DevOps approach to software development, testing, integration, deployment.
- Contribute to continuous improvement and drives innovation and integration of new technologies
- Java Development skills. Experience in multiple programming languages is an additional advantage, as is multiple platforms (Windows, Linux)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of underlying systems such as Linux, Hadoop, networking, Apache etc. Some background in security or systems administration would be useful.
- Experience with test-driven development; unit testing, mock testing tools, and continuous build, integration and deployment tools (e.g. Git, Jenkins, docker)
- Relational database design and programming, including object relational mapping (Hibernate). Experience with HBase and NoSQL a distinct advantage.
- Understanding of web services. Spring framework.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – must be fluent in English
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, collaborative development environment where ideas can be openly proposed, discussed and agreed – ability to work well with others is essential
- Familiar with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) or Agile Scrum methodology and software engineering role
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top