Enterprise Sales Specialist
Hewlett PackardEnterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impacton people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfoliothat spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billioncustomers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, anddelivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value,and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not onlyhappen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways forpeople to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition toworking alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities tolearn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guidedby feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize yourknowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to shareour knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
HPE Software has a widevariety of Software Solutions and Services that allow customers to: deliveramazing applications, re-invent IT operations, optimize and monetize customerengagement, identify and neutralize security threats, and protect and governdata assets. HPE Software is a fast growing business unit which supports itscustomers on planning, conceptual design and implementation of softwaresolutions. Big Data has changed the software landscape and HPE is leading theway.
- Seek out newopportunities and expands and enhances existing opportunities to build andmanage the pipeline in specialty area.
- Maintain knowledge ofcompetitors in account to strategically position company’s products andservices better.
- Develop pursuit plansand manage the pipeline to ensure alignment with account managers.
- Establish aprofessional, working, and consultative, relationship with the client, bydeveloping a core understanding of the unique business needs of the clientwithin their industry.
- Contributes toproposal development, negotiations and deal closings.
- Work closely with andsupport account manager, providing technical expertise and support, andparticipating in client engagements up to C-level engagements for more complexsolutions in smaller accounts.
- May focuson growing contractual renewals for mid-size accounts with somecomplexity, to higher-total contract-value renewals.
- Interface with bothinternal and external/industry experts to anticipate customer needs andfacilitate solutions development.
- Build sales readinessand reduce client learning curve through effective knowledge transfer in areaof specialization.
Scope and Impact:
- May coordinateinternal & external partners to deliver appropriate solution sale.
- Establishesrelationships with customer/partner at all organizational levels; able tointerface with senior levels in internal and external groups.
- Assigned average orhigher size quota.
- Account size ranges;may work in a Small-Medium, Enterprise, or Corporate Segment; varied salescycle.
Knowledge and SkillsRequired:
- Is considered an expert in knowledge of products, solution or service offerings as well as competitor’s offerings to be able to sell large solutions.
- Understands the industry and market segment in which key accounts are situated and integrates this knowledge into consultative selling.
- Understands and applies program/project management methods and processes to define, plan, cost, resource, track and ensure successful pursuit.
- Understands the role of IT within area of specialization and how company’s solutions differentially address specific vertical industry challenges as well as their cross-segment capabilities
- Account planning and accurate account revenue forecasting skills.
- Collaborates with management and sales teams in shared accounts to ensure seamless integration of specialist sales with other sales activities.
- Cultivates & maintains positive relationships with customers to ensure account retention & growth, and position company as the preferred vendor for meeting all business needs
- Excellent project management skills.
- Establishes a professional working relationship, up to the executive level, with the client.
- Demonstrates leadership and initiative in successfully driving specialty sales in accounts – prospecting, negotiating and closing deals.
- Demonstrates high service or product knowledge and professionalism in researching and sharing service-related information with account teams and customers.
- Deep knowledge of products, solution or service offerings as well as competitor’s offerings.
- Understands how to leverage company’s portfolio and change the playing field on our competitors.
- Utilizes Siebel as an expert and accurately forecasts business.
- Understands and sells high value software solutions
- Understands selling of services sales.
- Leverages services as part of strategic product sales.
- Maintain expertise of industry trends, associated solutions, and key partner/ISV solutions.
- Maintains expertise on IT at all levels – new applications, maintenance, typical budgets of the CIO’s, typical objectives, measures, metrics.
Hewlett PackardEnterprise Values:
Partnership first: Webelieve in the power of collaboration – building long term relationships withour customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: Wenever sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: Weare driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive socialbenefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, makeHewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPEour goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantlyevolving career opportunities.
If you are looking forchallenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitelywant to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal atwww.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Education and Experience Required:
- Engineering graduate Post Graduate preferred.
- Directly related previous work experience.
- Demonstrated success in achieving progressively higher quota.
- Extensive knowledge of Information Security industry is required.
- Minimum 8 years of enterprise sales experience in Security domain
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top