Enterprise Account Manager - Financial Services Industry
Enterprise Account Manager - Financial Services Industry
Hewlett-Packard Enterprise (HPE) is one of the world's largest & most successful IT companies. With our corporate headquarters in Palo Alto, HPE is among the world's largest provider of IT infrastructure, software, services, and solutions to small-and-medium businesses and large enterprises including governments. We offer a diverse portfolio of products to more than 1,000 corporations and government clients in more than 90 countries. We know that our people and values are the most important elements in this success. We invest in your personal growth and development in an environment that will both challenge and reward you.
In order to drive this continued success through our talented workforce, we are looking for an Enterprise Account Manager to drive a few of our named accounts.
The Enterprise Account Manager (EAM) – Financial Services Industry (FSI) serves as the business sales lead for an enterprise account or other large accounts, and may also act as the account lead for a substantial area of a Corporate Account. The EAM understands a client's critical business priorities and supporting IT challenges and requirements, focuses on driving value for the client, while maximizing competitive share, revenue, and margin for the company. The right incumbent identifies, qualifies, and closes new business that results in substantial incremental revenue and margins to the company in addition to maintaining and expanding existing product and solution offerings. He/she is responsible for representing company's portfolio of products and services in a concise, relevant way that resonates with customers and highlights company's key competitive strengths to drive a purchase decision, while accountable for achieving sales goals. He/ she may coordinate the overall account management activities with other company Business Organizations, and may also be supported by presales, product/service specialists and inside sales support resources. These jobs focus on selling to customers, typically through work that occurs outside 'the company's' offices.
- Builds strong professional working C- level relationships with the client. Establishes a high level of personal credibility as a trusted advisor to key client executives.
- Leverages executive sponsors and other company resources to strengthen company's relationship and credibility with client influencers and decision makers.
- Engages in the Relationship Assessment Program (RAP) where possible. Implements TCE initiatives that improve the customer loyalty index.
- Researches and understands the client's industry. Deeply understands client business strategies and challenges.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to client leaders, aggressively shapes deals early in the sales cycle.
- Advances opportunities that result in profitable revenue growth for the company.
- Demonstrates breadth and depth of knowledge in aligning company capabilities to client business and IT priorities, and positioning relative to competitors.
- Leverages existing engagements and run-rate business to seed and grow new opportunities.
- Advocates for client needs during sales cycle and in addressing any delivery issues.
- Maintains high-level of customer loyalty and builds trust and integrity, as indicated in company conducted surveys and reports.
- Builds and executes an Account Governance Plan that includes both transactional and strategic initiatives to grow the company's presence and share in the account.
- Actively drives ABP results through effective account management and reviews.
- Builds and orchestrates sales pipeline activity. Ensures active nurturing of deals and movement of opportunities to close.
- Identifies, nurtures, and closes new solution opportunities that result in substantial growth in company share, revenues, and margin.
- Represents the entire company portfolio of products and services.
- Facilitates/engages with Solution Opportunity Approval & Review process (SOAR).
- Proactively protects company's position and claims company leadership positions in strategic and emerging solution areas.
- Proactively engages and manages partners to strengthen solution capabilities and drive greater value for the client and the company.
- Meets or exceeds quarterly and annual revenue & margin quotas. Uses margin management techniques.
- Participates in/drives account Team Management.
- Orchestrates all company resources and sponsorship essential for executing the account governance plan.
- Engages and manages team members in presales, sales specialists and inside sales to support complex deals.
- Drives integrated planning and execution; coordinates both sales and BU delivery organizations to ensure aligned client engagement and service.
- Proactively engages executive sponsors to build a strategic relationship and favorably positions long- term business opportunities for the company.
- Engages company sales specialists, channel and alliance partners to fully leverage company's portfolio. Proactively engages partners to define and pursue joint growth opportunities with the account.
- Interfaces with both internal and external industry experts to anticipate client needs, drive industry mindshare, and facilitate solution development.
- Drives the account internationally/Globally.
- Typically 8 – 12 years account management experience.
- Extraordinarily strong track record of account management and sales performance.
- Prior experience managing Singapore local FSI accounts and FSI international accounts from Singapore.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Uses consultative, solution selling and business development skills at the CXO level to align the client's business needs with the company's solutions.
- Highly developed business development and negotiation skills at the CXO level.
- Focuses on client's key business challenges and drivers to position himself/herself as a trusted advisor at the CxO level.
- Advocates for client needs in negotiating solution sales and troubleshooting solution delivery issues.
- Submits timely and accurate forecasts and continually coaches team to do same.
- Creates an account governance plan where EAM identifies, and leads the account team appropriately for the client's needs and styles to continue to move a deal forward.
- Coaches teams on their individual contribution to their success in achieving the targeted business results.
- Strong coaching and team leadership skills.
- In-depth knowledge of client's business, organizational structure, business processes and financial structure.
- Develops a comprehensive business- case approach in crafting client proposals and in company internal requests for resource and/ or investments.
- Attracts, leads, and retains global resources.
- Expertise in managing end-to-end sales processes involving complex, multi-portfolio, large deals.
- Demonstrates strong presentation and communication skills at the client CEO level.
- Adheres to SBC and company's code of ethics.
- Deep knowledge of FSI and the client's position, challenges and strategy within the industry including security, risk and compliance issues.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends as related to opportunities to create added value for the client.
- Demonstrates strong presentation and communication skills.
- Applies IT best practices specific to the client's industry.
- Knows the company's broad portfolio and how to integrate different solutions, or engages the appropriate resources, to create unique and innovative solutions for the customer.
- Is considered an expert in knowledge of basic enhanced products, solution or service offerings as well as competitor's offerings to be able to sell large solutions.
- Uses expertise in specialty, consultative, solution selling and business development skills to align the client's business needs with solution.
- Demonstrates leadership and initiative in successfully driving specialty sales in accounts- prospecting, negotiating and closing deals.
- Demonstrates a successful ability to leverage company's portfolio of products and services to change the playing field against our competition.
- Expert in the sale of IT services and outsourcing.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top