Enterprise Account Manager
Enterprise Account Manager
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You'll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a "reverse mentoring" program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Our Enterprise Group (EG) combines the portfolio of Enterprise Servers, Storage, Networking and Technology Services to solve the complexities of the extended enterprise and deliver advanced solutions and services to our global, commercial and public sector and SMB customers throughout the regions.
Serves as the business sales lead for an enterprise account or other large accounts, and may also act as the account lead for a substantial area of a Corporate Account. Understands a client's critical business priorities and supporting IT challenges and requirements. Focuses on driving value for the client, while maximizing competitive share, revenue, and margin for the company. Identifies, qualifies, and closes new business that results in substantial incremental revenue and margins to the company in addition to maintaining and expanding existing product and solution offerings. Responsible for representing company's portfolio of products and services in a concise, relevant way that resonates with customers and highlights company's key competitive strengths to drive a purchase decision. Accountable for achieving sales goals. May coordinate the overall account management activities with other company Business Organizations. May also be supported by presales, product/service specialists and inside sales support resources. These jobs focus on selling to customers, typically through work that occurs outside 'the company's' offices.
- Builds strong professional working relationships with the client, including key IT and business executives.
- Leverages executive sponsors and other company resources to strengthen company's relationship and credibility with client influencers and decision makers.
- Researches and understands the client's industry, and develops a core understanding of client business needs and challenges.
- Uses a consultative-selling approach to identify and advance opportunities that result in profitable revenue growth for the company.
- Demonstrates breadth and depth of knowledge in aligning company capabilities to client business and IT priorities, and positioning relative to competitors.
- Advocates for client needs during sales cycle and in addressing any delivery issues.
- Maintains high-level of customer loyalty and builds trust and integrity, as indicated in company conducted surveys and reports.
- Builds and executes an Account Business Plan (ABP) that includes both transactional and strategic initiatives to grow the company.
- presence and share in the account.
- Actively drives ABP results through effective account management and reviews.
- Builds and orchestrates sales pipeline activity. Ensures active nurturing of deals and movement of opportunities to close.
- Nurtures and closes new solution opportunities that result in incremental orders, revenue, and margins to the company. Represents the entire company portfolio of products and services.
- Engages with Solution Opportunity Approval & Review process (SOAR).
- Protects company's position and focuses on generating new business.
- Engages partners effectively to improve win rates and delivery of selected deals.
- Meets or exceeds quarterly and annual revenue & margin quotas. Uses margin management techniques.
- Participates in/drives Account Team Management.
- Orchestrates all company resources essential for executing the account business plan, including sponsors.
- Engages and manages team members in presales, sales specialists and inside sales to support complex deals.
- Drives integrated planning and execution; coordinates both sales and BU delivery organizations to ensure aligned client engagement and service.
- Effectively engages and leverages executive sponsors.
- Engages company sales specialists, channel and alliance partners to fully leverage company's portfolio and improve win rate of selective deals.
- Interfaces with both internal and external industry experts to anticipate client needs and facilitate solution development.
- Drives the account internationally/Globally.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's Degree from a reputed University
- Typically 5-8 years account management experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Leverages existing relationships and builds new relationships with executives in the business and in IT.
- Negotiates at the business manager and IT executive level.
- Focuses on IT business challenges and some business unit challenges to position himself/herself as a trusted advisor to IT on both internal IT and issues outside of IT where IT impacts business processes.
- Submits timely and accurate forecasts and continually coaches team to do same.
- Knowledge of basic financial- selling concepts in support of business cases for company solutions.
Account Team Leadership
- Resources and leads successful dedicated global virtual teams.
- Demonstrates strong presentation and communication skills at the business manager level.
- Moderate to high level of industry acumen; keeps current with trends and be able to participate in client planning discussions involving IT decisions.
- Adheres to SBC and company's code of ethics.
- Solid knowledge of the company's breadth of solutions and engages appropriate specialist resources as needed.
- Applies specialized technical product/service/ solution knowledge in working with account teams to screen and prioritize multiple leads for feasibility.
- Uses knowledge in specialty and consultative selling skills to proactively help customers with making IT business decisions.
- Conceptualizes and articulates well-targeted solutions in area of technical specialty -- from proposal to contract sign-off.
- Demonstrates high service knowledge and professionalism in researching and sharing specialty product and service related information with account teams and customers.
- Competent in the sale of IT services and outsourcing.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top