Enterprise Account Manager
Enterprise Account Manager
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
We're solving the world's most complex challenges, and our people are at the forefront of progress. In a Sales role at HPE, you'll play a part in building the future – one big idea at a time. You'll be selling HPE products, services, software, or solutions to customers, both directly and indirectly. Working at HPE, you'll have the resources to develop your talent and creativity. Are you ready to unleash your potential?
Enterprise Group works to streamline innovation and simplify IT with superior solutions. By combining ESSN (Enterprise Server, Storage and Networking) and Technology Services into one division, we gain a strategic advantage in our focus on "Converged Infrastructure". The HPE Enterprise Group supports our customers with the transformation and integration of their technology. We are there for our customers – come join us!
Your key tasks
- Builds strong professional working relationships with the client, including key IT and business executives.
- Leverages executive sponsors and other company resources to strengthen company's relationship and credibility with client influencers and decision makers.
- Researches and understands the client's industry, and develops a core understanding of client business needs and challenges.
- Uses a consultative-selling approach to identify and advance opportunities that result in profitable revenue growth for the company.
- Demonstrates breadth and depth of knowledge in aligning the company's capabilities to client business and IT priorities, and positioning relative to competitors.
- Advocates for client needs during sales cycle and in addressing any delivery issues.
- Maintains high-level of customer loyalty and builds trust and integrity, as indicated in company-conducted surveys and reports.
- Builds and executes an Account Business Plan (ABP) that includes both transactional and strategic initiatives to grow company's presence and share in the account.
- Actively drives ABP results through effective account management and reviews.
- Builds and orchestrates sales pipeline activity. Ensures active nurturing of deals and movement of opportunities to close.
- Nurtures and closes new solution opportunities that result in incremental orders, revenue, and margins to the company. Represents the entire company portfolio of products and services.
- Engages with Solution Opportunity Approval & Review process (SOAR)
- Protects company's position and focuses on generating new business.
- Engages partners effectively to improve win rates and delivery of selected deals.
- Meets or exceeds quarterly and annual revenue & margin quotas. Uses margin management techniques
- Participates in/drives Account Team Management
- Orchestrates all the company resources essential for executing the account business plan, including sponsors.
- Engages and manages team members in presales, sales specialists and inside sales to support complex deals.
- Drives integrated planning and execution; coordinates both sales and BU delivery organizations to ensure aligned client engagement and service.
- Effectively engages and leverages executive sponsors.
- Engages company sales specialists, channel and alliance partners to fully leverage company's portfolio and improve win rate of selective deals.
- Interfaces with both internal and external industry experts to anticipate client needs and facilitate solution development.
- Drives the account internationally/Globally
Scope and Impact
- Typically manages 1 to many accounts
- Typically qualifies and closes deals of moderate complexity, often with a single GBU scope.
- Works with mid-level decision-makers in the client organization.
What we expect?
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor's Degree; advanced degree or MBA desired
- Experience in IT industry
- Experience in vertical industry preferred
- Typically 5-8 years account management experience
- Leverages existing relationships and builds new relationships with executives in the business and in IT.
- Negotiates at the business manager and IT executive level.
- Focuses on IT business challenges and some business unit challenges to position himself/herself as a trusted advisor to IT on both internal IT and issues outside of IT where IT impacts business processes.
- Submits timely and accurate forecasts and continually coaches team to do same.
- Knowledge of basic financial-selling concepts in support of business cases for
Account Team Leadership
- Resources and leads successful dedicated global virtual teams.
- Demonstrates strong presentation and communication skills at the business manager level.
- Industry Acumen
- Moderate to high level of industry acumen; keeps current with trends and be able to participate in client planning discussions involving IT decisions.
- Adheres to SBC and company's code of ethics
- Solid knowledge of company's breadth of solutions and engages appropriate specialist resources as needed.
- Applies specialized technical product/service/ solution knowledge in working with account teams to screen and prioritize multiple leads for feasibility.
- Uses knowledge in specialty and consultative selling skills to proactively help customers with making IT business decisions.
- Conceptualizes and articulates well-targeted solutions in area of technical specialty -- from proposal to contract sign-off
- Demonstrates high service knowledge and professionalism in researching and sharing specialty product and service related information with account teams and customers.
- Competent in the sale of IT services and outsourcing
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top