Engr Program Mgr I
Engr Program Mgr I
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You'll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a "reverse mentoring" program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Enterprise Group works to streamline innovation and simplify IT with superior solutions. By combining ESSN (Enterprise Server, Storage and Networking) and Technology Services into one division, we gain a strategic advantage in our focus on "Converged Infrastructure". The HPE Enterprise Group supports our customers with the transformation and integration of their technology. We are there for our customers come join us!
Aruba Wired Networking Lab brief
This requirement is for a R&D Project Manager in the Aruba Wired R&D lab in HPE Bangalore; Aruba Networking is a key product R&D group within HPE with focus on networking products (switches/routers/access points/controllers)
Aruba Wired Networking R&D team is working on products for the campus market across the edge, aggregator and core markets and for the branch networking business. Aruba switches offer high performance, scalability, and a wide range of features for core to edge connectivity that dramatically reduces network complexity and lowers cost of ownership.
We are seeking top R&D Project Managers to lead the development of Aruba Wired Ethernet networking products that will revolutionize the future of the networking industry. Besides being a self-starter and an excellent communicator, the ideal candidate should have the technical background and inclination to work in a startup-like environment. Your challenge will be to deduce broad concepts and/or business strategies into structured projects, drive product development by planning, executing and coordinating integrated projects. You are required to be a strong technical person who leads/participates actively in architectural and design discussions. Your charter will include developing, motivating and growing a talented, diverse team of engineers and making appropriate engineering practice/process improvements that drive high quality and optimized resource investments.
- Managing the projects from start to completion including strong focus on risk management
- Accountable for project budget, timelines and deliverable quality
- Own/Expand product/domain competency in designated focus area
- Motivate and growing engineering talent in your team/org to adapt to changing business/technology needs.
- Work often involves cross organizational interactions: Hardware, Firmware, System management, Network teams, Sales teams, Architects, other organizations, etc. to arrive at best solutions.
- Demonstrates strong business acumen, and experience to influence decisions of senior management, development partners and the eco system
- Quality Custodian for the deliverables from your team – innate ability to anticipate and address any actual/perceived quality issues
- Strong ability to negotiate and build consensus in engineering community on business/technical decisions
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into projects/product roadmap and activities in the software systems design organization.
- Must excel at communication at multiple organization levels: customer, executives, ODMs & 3 rd party development, and engineering teams
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
- 12+ years of relevant experience with 3+ years of leading product R&D teams
Required Domain Expertise: Enterprise networking products with expertise in L2/L3/Security Protocols & Features
Knowledge and Skills
- Hands-on deep knowledge in Networking domain L2/L3, Application & Security protocols.
- Proficient in software development methodologies, processes and best practices. Agile would be a plus.
- Experience working with product marketing and architect community to help refine requirements for products
- Should work very closely with teams – participating in all technical decision making
- Expertise in project schedule, scope, budget, quality and risk management
- Proven experience in supervising and developing senior technical staff.
- Excellent logical problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate clearly – both written and verbal communication
Strongly Desired skills
- Working knowledge of Ethernet network architectures & network switching
- Familiarity with competitor products & industry standards
- Experience with Cloud, Openflow/SDN Technologies
- Exposure to network management in enterprise environments.
- Experience in agile development methodology
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration - building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still - we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate - creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top