Engineering Developer - Specialist
Engineering Developer - Specialist
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we don't just believe in the power of technology, we believe in the power of people when technology works for them. We believe in applying new thinking and ideas to improve the way our customers live and work.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You'll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a "reverse mentoring" program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Global Sales Operations for Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an exciting and dynamic organization responsible for driving the operation in support of our Customers, Partners and Sales force as well as leading and defining the improvements to experiences to enable growth for HPE.
The job family spans across multiple engineering disciplines. Work consists of designing, developing, analyzing, troubleshooting and debugging systems, software and solutions for research and/or research development of product, services, and solutions for the company's portfolio. Requires a broad knowledge and application of engineering disciplines, methodologies and tools.
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with technology and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality.
- Develop and update the configuration models for HPE worldwide configurators based on BUs ' detailed products configurations at new product introductions launch dates and off-cycle changes.
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall engineering leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities
- Resolves regional configuration escalation issues with BUs ' marketing/supply chain
- Designs engineering solutions utilizing multiple engineering disciplines for products, systems, software, and solutions based on established engineering principles and in accordance with development technology practices and guidelines.
- Develops and implements parameters and test plans for new and existing designs, including validation of mechanical, electrical, software, and other engineering specifications and requirements.
- Collaborates and communicates with management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding design status, project progress, and issue resolution
- Represents the mechanical/thermal team for all phases of larger and more-complex development projects.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members.
Knowledge and Skills
- Using and evaluating appropriate engineering design tools and software packages to design components and solutions.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Conducting reviews of material specifications and hardware, software, and electrical component design.
- Evaluating forms of empirical analysis, modeling and testing methodologies to validate product designs and specifications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at senior management levels .
- Ability to work across organizations to influence positive changes for simplification and high quality deliverables to HPE customers
- Collaborating with peers, junior engineers, technicians and external design partners.
- Interacting with high- level Individual Contributors, Managers, Directors and Program Core Teams.
- Leading multiple projects requiring multidisciplinary engineering development.
- Driving design innovation.
- B.S. Computer Science Engineering
- Minimum 3-6 yrs Technical Marketing, Business or Engineering experience
- Minimum 3-6 yrs experience in Software Development Languages: Java/C++
- HPE products configurations knowledge
- Strong project management skills to manage multiple projects in a fast and dynamic software development environment
- Experienced in Product Life Cycle Management, Continuous Improvement and Agile methodologies
What do we offer ? Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top